GALAXY S III camera - settings?

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Why is it that when a FANTASTIC camera is put on a new phone (the Verizon S3) they leave out some pretty important settings?
1) Why would you not allow the shutter sound to be silenced? :When I take a picture of the whack-o of the day at wal-mart, I do not care for them to know...(really just kidding there).
2) Why would they not include a setting to "review" the picture you took immediately after the shot for a second or two? This way you can decide if you want to keep / delete / take another, etc.
Other than those two things, I really like the camera. But those are biggies :-(
Glad I at least have the option to download another one :-D

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
1. I'm not sure but I think the lack of ability to disable shutter sound is on Verizon and sprint phones. I have att and can disable the sound.

2. Previewing the photo you just took slows the camera down. They want you to be able to take as many pictures as you can in the least amount of time. I guess they could give you an option though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
1) Camera shutter sound can be shut off... there's just different methods depending on which carrier GS3 you have.

2) I assume they didn't have a photo review because one of the things they are pushing on this phone is just how fast the camera is. If you had a review period after each photo it would prevent you from taking a bunch of photos really fast. Typically I shoot a bunch of photos and just delete the ones I don't like after the fact.

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site
1) Camera shutter sound can be shut off... there's just different methods depending on which carrier GS3 you have.

I have the Verizon version, and can't find anything anywhere about getting the shutter sound turned off....mind pointing me in the right direction? Many thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

From what I heard straight from many developers is the option to turn off camera sound/shutter was removed from AOSP source. So unless the carriers or OEMs added it back in.. ? I know it hasn't been found in the Sprint SGSIII as of yet.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz