New to Android

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been browsing these forums for a while now, but I only just recently got an android phone for myself (Galaxy S3). I am really liking the phone, operating system, and the general ease of hacking the phone. I have a few questions for you guys though, mostly advice for your app ecosystem.

I really hated the stock keyboard on my GS3, and couldn't type accurately for the life of me. I am currently running Swiftkey 3 on the one month trial and am loving it so far. It is very accurate, and I will probably end up getting it. Still, I wouldn't mind avoiding spending $4.00, do apps like that go on sale once in a while, or will it pretty much be that price? If you have a better keyboard recommendation, I wouldn't mind trying that out either.

One of the other big issues I've run into is the email client. I use a gmail account, as well as a comcast account, and an exchange server. For the unified inbox, I've been using the stock touchwiz app, and I hate it. The main gripe I have is it will never display the emails properly. Example: When I signed up for my samsung account, they sent a verification email, I couldn't even click the link because nothing is displaying correctly. If I press forward email or something like that, i can read the whole thing fine, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the client not being able to display html emails or something. What's a good email client I can use?

This is getting lengthy, so I'll cut her off here, keyboard, and email client, what do you recommend?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't help you with the email client since I don't have my phone yet, but the two "big" keyboards are Swiftkey and Swype. Both are excellent. Of course, there are a ton of other ones as well, but those are the two biggies.

I personally prefer Swype, but it's a preference thing.

Reactions: Zulu Warrior

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz