Will enabling CDMA / LTE mode cause battery drain?

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
When I used my OG EVO, I had 4G off as there was barely any reception even thought WiMax was marked as available in my area according to Sprint's coverage map.

With the S III and LTE technology, will the phone constantly scan for LTE and in turn drain the battery?

From what I've been reading, LTE is huge improvement over WiMax with respect to battery life.

I've been following the Community Blog List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates for updates and there is no LTE in the Bay Area. I'm thinking about turning it on to see if I get any LTE before it's officially launched.

Your guys' thoughts?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm willing to bet without knowing that its YES!! You want something that gives you more speed/power, its going to cost you battery life!

bauer2

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I have had it on since I got my phone. If it's causing a battery drain I can't see it. I'm at 60% battery right now with almost 20 hours of light use. I both get between 14 to 16 under moderate use.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

GK3K

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had it on since I got my phone. If it's causing a battery drain I can't see it. I'm at 60% battery right now with almost 20 hours of light use. I both get between 14 to 16 under moderate use.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
That's phenomenal. I get maybe 8 hours of moderate to heavy usage in a day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt