Issue with LED indicator

Mannan Tawa

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
You are Very Right. I was because of this SMS on Handscent SMS.
the moment I read the sms the LED indicator light went off.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Mannan

Lincoln Nogueira

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Tried to read SMS, to disable wifi notification, reset, turn off, applications... Nothing worked out. The most strange is that the light remains blue even when the phone is turned off. Guess all I can try now is to do a factory reset...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Tried to read SMS
Are you reading the SMS in Hangouts? In the person's Hangouts thread or their SMS (phone number) thread?
The most strange is that the light remains blue even when the phone is turned off
You mean when the screen turns off - notifications are still active when the screen goes off, until you clear them.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Patricia Torralba

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Even if my phone is completely turned-off (shut down), blue light is still on. I sent this to Samsung service center but they said they need to replace the whole front panel because of some error in the sensor. I tried looking for the advance wifi setting but i can't see it in my settings.

Samsung tried factory reset option but didn't work. Maybe the phone fell at a certain height and sensor broke?

Patricia Torralba

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you reading the SMS in Hangouts? In the person's Hangouts thread or their SMS (phone number) thread?You mean when the screen turns off - notifications are still active when the screen goes off, until you clear them.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

I have the same problem. Even if my phone is completely turned-off (shut down), blue light is still on. I sent this to Samsung service center but they said they need to replace the whole front panel because of some "defect" in the sensor. I tried looking for the advance wifi setting but i can't see it in my settings.

Samsung tried factory reset option but didn't work. Maybe the phone fell at a certain height and sensor broke?

Additional FYI, I turned off all led notification, Wifi is not turned-on. When led notification is enabled, the blue light will just blink brighter to indicate i have an sms/e-mail/call. it will blink red if my battery is low (but still blue led light is still on).

Patricia Torralba

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Tried to read SMS, to disable wifi notification, reset, turn off, applications... Nothing worked out. The most strange is that the light remains blue even when the phone is turned off. Guess all I can try now is to do a factory reset...

I would really love to know if this issue has been resolved. I think we have the same problem.

thanks!

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
This problem started for me while I was on 4.1, but it went away with 4.2. It hasn't been a problem with 4.3 either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

tahoekid

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue but on another phone type, so this is not specific to G3. I go to settings, turn off LED, and it turns itself back ON when I leave and return to my home, presumably when it finds my local WiFi and auto logs into it. I can even watch it turn back on as I go up my driveway in the car, and the phone gets into range for my local WiFi. I then go straight to the settings, and yep, it has turned back on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star