Just received an OTA update from Samsung. I tried running it while rooted. It rebooted into ClockworkMod and failed.

I rebooted and used Vooda OTA RootKeeper to unroot. The update is no longer showing up, even if I search manually under System Update / Update Samsung Software.

That aside, do I need to remove ClockworkMod in addition to getting rid of root to install Samsung's OTA update?

I'm thinking I need to revert to stock recovery, but I don't know if that's the case.

One guide mentioned wiping the entire device. Is this absolutely required?

I used this method to root my device: Cyangenmod's Team Epic: Team Epic's Root from Recovery .zip
    07-09-2012 03:41 PM
    If it were me I would wait 24 hours and try to find update again. And make sure I used voodoo OTA rootkeeper before starting the actual OTA update. Patience is sometimes better than starting from scratch.
    07-09-2012 05:36 PM
    If it were me I would wait 24 hours and try to find update again. And make sure I used voodoo OTA rootkeeper before starting the actual OTA update. Patience is sometimes better than starting from scratch.
    I'm going to do that. I tried installed the update provided by the XDA crew manually, but it would the installation failed in both stock recovery and CWM.

Unfortunatley, the package provided by Team Epic is now on May 23 and I have downgraded myself.

I'm hoping Samsung will see my phone once again and update me to the latest version. Or at least back to June 28th.
    07-09-2012 06:24 PM
    I'm just going to wait for a rom to be released with the update.

Tapatalked 3 galaxies over
    07-09-2012 06:32 PM
    I think I'm going to revert to stock removing CWM and root in hopes I get the OTA.
    07-09-2012 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD