I have just switched from a Blackberry which I have had for 3 years. I love the Galaxy III but you have to kidding. I cannot believe the phone will not vibrate for SMS and e-mail notifications. This is a deal breaker for me. I have looked at the forums for hours and a can't seem to find a fix. I got my phone to vibrate but nothing else. I have to get off the lock screen to see anything. IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. Is there something I am missing????
    07-09-2012 07:05 PM
    Not sure which carrier you got but on my Verizon S3 if I go to Settings>Sound I get this:

I would guess Sound and Vibration should work. Plus, the Vibration intensity has three different options for ringtone, notifications, and haptic feedback so you can change the intensity of the vibration for each.
    07-09-2012 07:14 PM
    Is there something I am missing????
    Probably. I don't have my phone yet, but that stuff should be possible since my old Android EVO does vibrations and lock screen notifications. Of course, I am using widgets for unread emails and Go SMS for texts which display a popup....
    07-09-2012 07:15 PM
    Try going into the settings menu for Messaging and Gmail, or which ever mail app you're using, and you'll see an area to change your notifications settings. That should do it. With Android, when in doubt, hit the menu button.
    07-09-2012 07:39 PM
    I have just switched from a Blackberry which I have had for 3 years. I love the Galaxy III but you have to kidding. I cannot believe the phone will not vibrate for SMS and e-mail notifications. This is a deal breaker for me. I have looked at the forums for hours and a can't seem to find a fix. I got my phone to vibrate but nothing else. I have to get off the lock screen to see anything. IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE. Is there something I am missing????
    Make sure the sound and vibration is in. Mine does both

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-09-2012 07:46 PM
    You can also install Light Flow and customize your LED***, notifications, vibrate very similar to what BerryBuzz provided on BB.

Note that the USA version of the SIII currently has a major bug with Light Flow that basically screws up your LED until you uninstall it. They are working on a fix. I have kept it installed just for the other customizations and ignored my LED for the time being.
    07-09-2012 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD