Did I miss something, Samsung Apps free apps?

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I signed up for a Samsung account and went ahead and linked my phone up. I started looking through the free apps and I found Smart Office 2 said it was 'free' which really confused me because I can't seem to find Smart Office 2 as a paid app, which makes me think that I might have the full version through Samsung.

Then I looked at Angry Birds Space and the description was really odd because it says there's over 80 levels when the google play store version (even the paid one) says there are over 60. I just played a couple of levels of Angry Birds Space that I installed from the Samsung App store and I'm not seeing any ads (does anyone know when the ads are supposed to show up?).

This is all very odd and I'm wondering if Samsung is hooking us up or this is all just the same free stuff on google play...

The thing that kind of sucks about the Samsung interface is that they don't tell you what the apps have access to, but I can figure that out in google play.

Can anyone help confirm any of this??

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You get them at Samsung Apps app.
I see Smart Office 1 is free, Smart Office 2 says ?6

Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Space, you're right. Full version, no ads. Nice find

Last edited:

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Where do you find access to these free apps?

yep, like will1881 said, open up the Samsung Apps app on your phone and sign in with your Samsung Account (or sign up for one) and there's a bunch of apps available. I haven't done an extensive search yet, but at least those two I listed seemed like full versions for free (thanks Lazr!)

jperotka

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon version, and I don't see any Samsung Apps. I see some Verizon apps, but it looks like all they want to do is spy on me.

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I actually don't see any "Samsung Apps" ap also. I do have a Samsung Account, but no samsung app like that. I've got their media hub, klies, allshare, s-voice, and s-memo. Maybe it's because I'm on ATT? What carrier do you have?

EDIT: And right after I posted, I found it on google. For those of us who aren't seeing the app, simply go to "samsungapps.com" from your mobile browser and get the app. That should do the trick.

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I actually don't see any "Samsung Apps" ap also. I do have a Samsung Account, but no samsung app like that. I've got their media hub, klies, allshare, s-voice, and s-memo. Maybe it's because I'm on ATT? What carrier do you have?

EDIT: And right after I posted, I found it on google. For those of us who aren't seeing the app, simply go to "samsungapps.com" from your mobile browser and get the app. That should do the trick.

I'm on Sprint, but looks like you got it

Reactions: Zulu Warrior

hiero

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
arn, just got an ad in my angry birds space, I'm not sure what to check for smart office, but it seemed to open up a 31 slide presentation just fine

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Nice find. I just scored Smart office 2 (if you go to it from smart office 1 it lets you download it for free) :D

I also got Eternal Legacy for free (down from 5.99). I'm downloading the 545MB needed to play the game right now, glad I'm on Wi-fi right now!

Reactions: KreepyKen

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, guys. I thought AT&T must have blocked it. I downloaded it from the site and even got a nice "Special Offer Galaxy S3 Launching Celebration" banner linking to a bunch of stuff. Very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC