Galaxy S3 Defaults to Headphone Jack, Car Defaults to Bluetooth

red_5ive

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 Defaults to Headphone Jack, Car Defaults to Bluetoo

I can fully confirm the functionality of the Belkin F8Z492TTP. It is now custom installed in my A3 with a direct power hookup and direct connection to the aux input. For power, I had to hook up a 12 volt car outlet behind the dash, insert a 12v to usb adapter, and splice the power cord from the factory transformer to a USB cable. Power is with a micro type H plug that Radio Shack does not have. They should give you a usb to type H cable with it.

Anyway, the Galaxy S3 will connect to two bluetooth devices at the same time...the Audi bluetooth and the Belkin Y37 Bluetooth. I put a shortcut button for bluetooth on my home screen which pulls up the options. You DO HAVE TO RECONNECT BLUETOOTH each time you get in the car, but you had to manually plug in the cable the other way.

When a call is made, the car bluetooth takes over with full steering wheel controls, and when it ends, the audio goes back on (I think automatically). Since I have constant power to the Belkin through the 12v, if you step away and then come back, you can automatically regain your connection, which is nice.

I did the modification to the Belkin where I broke it carefully open and pulled the metal innards that are purely designed to give it a feeling of mass. All that is inside is a teeny circuit board that must have cost $1 tops! Belkin lists this at $50, although it is half that on Amazon.

All in all, a decent solution to a frustrating problem. Sound is pretty decent.

Cool - good tip on being able to connect to more than one BT device with the S3, I wasn't aware of that. I can actually use that in the house between my BT headset and my home system, so it looks like I'll be picking up the BT adapter for my preamp that I've been putting off. Thanks.

In the end I'm happy with the Beklin F4U037 unit I got that does both BT calls and audio/music. Granted it was more expensive, but since it's powered by the cig-lighter accessory so I don't ever have to worry about charging. My vehicle otherwise doesn't have BT, and the Motorola BT speakerphone I was using required charging. I much prefer not having to deal with that anymore so the extra $30 I spent over the F8Z492TTP was worth it to me.

boxmaster3325

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a Samsung galaxy s3 am able to pair it with mg 2010 Toyota prius no problem but as soon as I turn off my car then turn it back on the connection is lost. I previously had a HTC incredible and it worked fine so I'm assuming that it's a setting o..."

Jordan Wight

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
SoundAbout Pro from the Play Store fixes this problem for me with my Galaxy S3 in my Audi A3. Now, bluetooth calls take priority over aux music, and I can seamlessly switch between them while driving in my car. Thanks, woodslink!

rgray107918

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for anyone using the Belkin F8Z492TTP

During phone calls, does the S3 native phone microphone still work, while still directing incoming audio to the F8Z492TTP Bluetooth receiver, and to the car speakers?

What I mean is, I was about to pull the trigger on the Belkin CarAudio Connect AUX with Bluetooth F4U037tt because I was under the impression that Bluetooth calls would kill the native S3 mic, but if I can save some money on the F8Z492TTP receiver, and still be able to use the S3 mic, I'll go that route.

I have to install my own 3.5mm jack anyways, so if I can use the F8Z492TTP receiver, I'll just tuck everything away out of sight. The only upside I see to the F4U037tt receiver, is that it can re-pair with the push of a button.... worth the extra money? I dunno...

livewiremaxx

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Kind of the same question with rgray107918 is there a way to keep using the phones Mic, while using a bluetooth streamer? This is the most frustrating part about this phone coming from using Motorola and car dock working so nicely. Having to try all these fixes and buy different things. I have a gosync streamer and it will allow the audio to go in but no one can hear me as the streamer doesnt have a mic. How do I use the phone mic?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers