08-11-2012 08:43 AM
104 ... 2345
tools
    I have the paid version of Apex and can tap and hold a Widget preview to install it on a screen. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something you're saying?
    Do you have root? This from the app features:

"Note: Due to limitations of the Android framework, you won't be able to add widgets from the app drawer without root access. If your device is rooted, please enable the Root Helper via Settings > Advanced settings > Enable Root Helper."

In the app drawer is where you see the previews. Adding a widget from the homescreen you only see an icon/name in a list. Nova combines these two ideas by just putting the icon/name list in the widget tab of the app drawer.
    07-15-2012 06:38 PM
    I do not have root and I see widget previews in my app drawer with Apex. To install the widget I tap and hold and drop it on my screen choice.
    07-15-2012 08:00 PM
    I do not have root and I see widget previews in my app drawer with Apex. To install the widget I tap and hold and drop it on my screen choice.
    Here's what I see when I try it. I go to the app drawer, go to widgets, press and hold one and it takes me to the home screen and it looks like it's working. Then when I choose a spot and tap to drop it, this pops up:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    07-15-2012 10:22 PM
    I just tried multiple widgets and they work fine on my phone using the paid version of Apex. I can't explain why you're getting that message.
    07-15-2012 11:12 PM
    This thread inspired me to try a different launcher.

I'm really glad I did.

I absolutely love all the customization options and effects.

I'm using go launcher with neon blue theme

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    jeffreii likes this.
    07-15-2012 11:38 PM
    I just tried multiple widgets and they work fine on my phone using the paid version of Apex. I can't explain why you're getting that message.
    I think it only does that for rooted phones with the free version. Regular phones you need the paid version. I am also getting the message with the free version
    07-16-2012 12:54 AM
    I think it only does that for rooted phones with the free version. Regular phones you need the paid version. I am also getting the message with the free version
    It reads as though it's a limitation of the app, not a matter of free vs. paid. However, I did notice in the beta version that it says the issue is fixed, but for JB only. I'm not sure if he has a beta or if the paid version has some of the fixes...and then there's the JB only statement...
    07-16-2012 09:17 AM
    I'm confused about the launchers. If I choose an alternate launcher does that mean I lose the motion features of the phone like Smart Dial, Smart Stay, all that stuff and access to S Memo, S Planner etc? And the widgets..
    07-16-2012 02:01 PM
    I'm confused about the launchers. If I choose an alternate launcher does that mean I lose the motion features of the phone like Smart Dial, Smart Stay, all that stuff and access to S Memo, S Planner etc? And the widgets..
    You will lose some Touchwiz widgets but in my opinion there are much better ones available in the Market.
    Everything else stays as far as I know.
    07-16-2012 02:06 PM
    Can anyone confirm whether the Apex paid version lets you drag widgets to the homescreen?
    07-17-2012 02:10 PM
    Without a doubt Nova launcher is what has worked best for me. I tried most of the launchers, Apex, Go, and so on. Plus if you use their add-on, Tesla unread, you can get number notification alerts for gmail, sms, mms, and missed calls. It is a slim, non bloated launcher and I really like being able to hide all the junk-ware from the app drawer. Plus, I have downloaded a number of high resolution icons from Google images and have set up some pretty cool desktop screens on my GSIII.
    07-17-2012 02:25 PM
    Nova Prime, especially with the newest update. Hands down the best.
    07-17-2012 02:49 PM
    Can anyone confirm whether the Apex paid version lets you drag widgets to the homescreen?
    can't do it either, I tried it with the paid version.
    07-18-2012 12:25 AM
    I installed Nova Launcher on mine after about 1 hour with TW.... Loving it!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-2012 06:04 AM
    Blah... thanks.

Guess I'll try out the free version for a bit to see if it's even really worth rooting to do this. Liking Apex free over Nova free thus far.
    07-18-2012 09:17 AM
    I love nova prime. The unread counter is great as well as gestures. Fast and smooth.

Sent from sexy a** Galaxy S III
    07-18-2012 01:15 PM
    You have to use the APEX add widget function which is part of the long press on an empty part of the page command. From the APEX add widget you can pick the widget you want but you do not get a preview like you get from the ICS App page.

Mike
    07-18-2012 02:20 PM
    Does the paid version of nova allow you to rotate the home screen? I can do that with free version of apex

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    07-18-2012 10:05 PM
    FYI - I had "Launcher Pro" on my Droid X and you had to clear all screens of widgets before running a launcher otherwise they stay active and drain your battery. So make sure to clear all widgets from your screens before installing a new launcher.

***Did not read thru this whole thread so my apologies if it has already been mentioned.
    07-18-2012 10:15 PM
    Does the paid version of nova allow you to rotate the home screen? I can do that with free version of apex
    In Nova: nova settings / look and feel / screen orientation -> can be: default, auto rotate, force portrait, force landscape.

This is not listed as a "prime" feature so I assume it's available in the free version?
    johnj2803 likes this.
    07-18-2012 10:50 PM
    Newbie here, but do Launchers require rooting? If not, how do you uninstall it - because from what I know so far (a little, sorry!), you need to root it in order to uninstall it?

I just want to see what it's like without diving into the whole rooting thing just yet.
    07-18-2012 11:27 PM
    Newbie here, but do Launchers require rooting? If not, how do you uninstall it - because from what I know so far (a little, sorry!), you need to root it in order to uninstall it?

I just want to see what it's like without diving into the whole rooting thing just yet.
    No, they don't require root. Just download from the play store
    07-18-2012 11:31 PM

No root required. It's a totally simple and unobtrusive process. You can uninstall it like any other app, at any time, and your Touchwiz will be back the way it was before. Actually, Touchwiz never goes away, the new launcher just sits on top of it and Touchwiz is minimized in the background, so to speak.

At any point while using another launcher you can switch back and forth between Touchwiz. I actually have Apex and Nova installed on my phone right now and can switch between the 3 of them at will.
    07-19-2012 09:50 AM
    In Nova: nova settings / look and feel / screen orientation -> can be: default, auto rotate, force portrait, force landscape.

This is not listed as a "prime" feature so I assume it's available in the free version?
    Got it thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    07-19-2012 10:06 AM
    Update today you go launcher made it buttery smooth

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 08:54 PM
104 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD