Which Launcher?

matt9294

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I was using my old phone as a beta for random stuff I downloaded a few days ago and I found sslauncher. It's pretty cool and much different appearance-wise than Nova, Go, ADW, etc.

edit: just saw robotobob mentioned it, you guys should definately check it out, at least the free version. And the free version isn't like most of the other ones where pretty much everything you try to do (like resize widgets) is shown but you have to pay to use.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I used Launcher Pro+ on my DX, but I'm not really sure what I want to use on the S3. It's too bad that the developer stopped updating LP+.

robotobob1982

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I was using my old phone as a beta for random stuff I downloaded a few days ago and I found sslauncher. It's pretty cool and much different appearance-wise than Nova, Go, ADW, etc.

edit: just saw robotobob mentioned it, you guys should definately check it out, at least the free version. And the free version isn't like most of the other ones where pretty much everything you try to do (like resize widgets) is shown but you have to pay to use.

Yeah you basically can do whatever you want with. Takes a bit of getting used to all the options you have but its pretty cool
View attachment 30486

This was super minimal homescreen of mine. Best thing is you place anything anywhere. If you like customizing exactly how you want try out the free version
Sent from my MZ604

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you tried ss launcher. It's very light weight and fast and extremely customizable.
If you want a clock/weather widget along the same lines the uccw clock/weather widget is what you want. Both are on the play store.

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

I just downloaded it to have a look. I'm not a huge fan of the windows phone-like words running off the screen but there's a lot of options so I'll have to give it a look when I get some time.

-Suntan

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
There are definitely features I miss in Touchwiz. For example, dock gestures and the option to make the screen icons smaller. I much prefer 5 rows of 4 icons rather than the standard 4 rows. I like options.

I know Nova Prime has that ability.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Apex does as well... The only thing I've found lacking in Apex is folder sorting and I just heard from the developer that this will be in a future version.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried free versions of Apex and Nova. I prefer Nova as it seemed more user friendly and had one or two features I prefer. I think it really depends on what you want and how you want to customize. You should play with the free versions for any launcher before purchasing. Not everyone is going to want the same things.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
All the good themes cost money! Lol. That sucks. I kind of want to get the iPhone theme just to get all the gullible people and be like iPhone 5. Haha. I tried with go launcher but I failed :p

olorin

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
TW. Don't set the point in a different launcher. TW is smoother than them all.

I think it depends on your phone. In my case, Go Launcher & Apex Pro have zero lag & are smooth as butter!

I have noticed lags on older phones when using some animations, but not on newer.

My Epic 4G Touch runs both without any problems!

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Apex gives widget previews. To my knowledge Nova does not.

It may be different if you root but yes Apex free shows the widget previews but you cannot select them from their tab in the app drawer. You have to go to a home screen and add it from there, in which case you do not get the previews - you get the same menu with icons that you get in Nova.

Reactions: rexxman

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the paid version of Apex and can tap and hold a Widget preview to install it on a screen. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something you're saying?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the paid version of Apex and can tap and hold a Widget preview to install it on a screen. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something you're saying?

Do you have root? This from the app features:

"Note: Due to limitations of the Android framework, you won't be able to add widgets from the app drawer without root access. If your device is rooted, please enable the Root Helper via Settings > Advanced settings > Enable Root Helper."

In the app drawer is where you see the previews. Adding a widget from the homescreen you only see an icon/name in a list. Nova combines these two ideas by just putting the icon/name list in the widget tab of the app drawer.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I do not have root and I see widget previews in my app drawer with Apex. To install the widget I tap and hold and drop it on my screen choice.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I do not have root and I see widget previews in my app drawer with Apex. To install the widget I tap and hold and drop it on my screen choice.

Here's what I see when I try it. I go to the app drawer, go to widgets, press and hold one and it takes me to the home screen and it looks like it's working. Then when I choose a spot and tap to drop it, this pops up:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tried multiple widgets and they work fine on my phone using the paid version of Apex. I can't explain why you're getting that message.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
This thread inspired me to try a different launcher.

I'm really glad I did.

I absolutely love all the customization options and effects.

I'm using go launcher with neon blue theme

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay