Smart stay?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to hear how others are experiencing smart say (screen stays on if you're looking at the screen). Thus far, I have found it to be somewhat finicky. I know I have it enabled, and it sounds like conditions have to be just right for it to work, but are there any tweaks anyone has implemented to improve performance?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well i have tried it with and without. and honestly i like it with smart stay on. its works pretty well. but also hope some updates will come to improve it

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You have to hold the phone at the right angle for it to work. Once you figure out the angle it likes it works pretty well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

danfinger

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I've also found that ambient light also affects smart stay- my living room in the evening has pretty subdued lighting and I find my screen goes off after I see the 'eye' about 50% of the time. Seems if it is a dimly lit room then smart stay can't see your face well enough.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This is generally my experience as well. It seems to do better when there's more light.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

resturg

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
For me, it never works when I wear my glasses. If however I take my glass off it does work. The problem I have is I need my glass to see the phone.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Been using it since day one and haven't had any issues...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
If there isn't enough light or conditions that make it so you can't see your own eyes when using the front facing camera - it won't work.

I don't expect any firmware update could resolve that issue.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I've never really seen the icon for it.... it pops up every once in a while, maybe 3% since I've had it. But yesterday when reading a book on my phone it kept blinking in and out every so often.......

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have no complaints.... Even though it doesn't work in the dark and even though it works about 80%.of the time in light.... I still love it.... I don't wear glasses though

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have no complaints.... Even though it doesn't work in the dark and even though it works about 80%.of the time in light.... I still love it.... I don't wear glasses though
I wear glasses and it still works fine. I've seen the phone dim and then get brighter after the smart stay eyeball shows up while I look at it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie