I tried Swift Key 3 and I am not impressed. I do a lot of voice input for text and messaging. The OEM is great. I press on the mic and say the message and it is in the message field, ready to be sent. With SwiftKey, I have to first long hold the microphone, or I get a comma, then I say the message and it presents me with 3 options of the message. Then I have to select it and find my way back to the message. What am I missing here? It certainly is not anywhere nearly as good as the OEM.
    beh likes this.
    07-11-2012 04:22 PM
    Have you tried Swype? It has a dedicated voice button and the keyboard is a million times better than the OEM.
    07-11-2012 04:28 PM
    While I haven't used the voice features for texting and messaging I have found several of the other stock apps on the S3 to be more than adequate and in several cases better thought out than the fancy alternatives. With your encouragement I will now have to give voice a workout with the stock keyboard.
    07-11-2012 04:33 PM
    as the first "swype" (called "continous input") which was included already in the stock firmware of the galaxy s3 was buggy in that it did forget word you did add to the dictionary after every reboot i tried to force me into using swift key x 3 and the prediction of words was fine, but it is still well slower than swyping. no with the LFB update the integrated swype is fixed and has greater accuracy. i only use that now and am very happy
    07-11-2012 05:23 PM
    I think the advantage of Swiftkey 3 comes in when you are actually typing. I can't vouch for voice, as I never use it, but I know I love the swiftkey 3 keyboard. Makes typing easy, and always auto corrects the right word for me, whereas the stock OEM did that job horribly. I suppose there's strengths and weaknesses to each keyboard, but for me Swiftkey is a winner.
    cjsmoove likes this.
    07-11-2012 05:54 PM
    I agree with Zulu Warrior in that Swiftkey 3 mainly excels when it comes to typing and auto-correction. Compared to Swiftkey 3, Samsung's keyboard is nowhere close when it comes to auto-correction accuracy when typing. The dedicated voice button is the only plus IMO for the Samsung keyboard. I had used Flex T9 before and I thought it was ok and that too had a dedicated voice button.
    07-11-2012 06:42 PM
    I got my Galaxy S3 last week, switched from an iPhone 4S. When I started using the stock keyboard, I forgot how much I hated the Android keyboard. I recently heard about Swiftkey 3 and absolutely love it! I would recommend anyone who doesn't like the stock keyboard switch to it asap. I might get the pay version down the road but this is working just fine for free...
    10-24-2012 03:23 PM
    I tried Swift Key 3 and I am not impressed. I do a lot of voice input for text and messaging. The OEM is great. I press on the mic and say the message and it is in the message field, ready to be sent. With SwiftKey, I have to first long hold the microphone, or I get a comma, then I say the message and it presents me with 3 options of the message. Then I have to select it and find my way back to the message. What am I missing here? It certainly is not anywhere nearly as good as the OEM.
    Have u updated to the latest version of Swiftkey? The latest version automatically inputs the word into the text field. You probably have the old version of Swift Key. I hated that at first to, but I had updated it (the update came about 1-2 months ago) and now it automatically inputs voice texts into the message field

The biggest hi light of Swiftkey is its auto correction and prediction. its WAY better than stock keyboard when it comes to that and it knows what your gonna say before you say it! It even remembers sentences so when you type a word, it recognizes how you type and will give you a most likely correct prediction
    10-24-2012 03:27 PM
    I agree. The more you use swift key, the better it works. I don't use the Vox button, so no comment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    10-25-2012 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD