I'm on the Verizon GS3, and I wanted to see if this was a problem across all GS3s. In the Facebook app when you enable LED notifications, the LED on the phone just stays at constant red when you get an incoming notification. This is obviously not how it should be, just wanted to see if others were seeing the same problem.
    07-11-2012 10:16 PM
    I have sprint and it's the same way.
    07-11-2012 10:29 PM
    mine does the same thing.... i have AT&T... mine stays lit up in like a dual color between red and blue.... it looks more purple....
    07-11-2012 10:31 PM
    Its an LED glitch. It happens with ALOT of happens - not just Facebook.
    07-11-2012 10:51 PM
    so...it's samsung's problem?
    07-11-2012 11:21 PM
    so...it's samsung's problem?
    Yeah, software issue. Whatever the app is trying to tell the phone to do with the LED isn't getting translated correctly
    07-12-2012 12:02 AM
    This is a Samsung issue. If you download any of the LED color changers and try to change the color per the standard RGB values, it does something totally different. I've been unable to find any kind of pattern for it either. So far, I've only been able to (I think) figure out that the last two digits (normally the Blue value) are ignored.

Blink settings do not work either, which is why it just stays on.

It kinda sucks. I hate it, and hope Samsung fixes it. I've pinged them on their web site, but I'm sure it will get nowhere.
    07-12-2012 01:40 AM
    Personally, I disable all in-App-specific LED settings and let LightFlow control them all.
    07-12-2012 01:51 AM
    Personally, I disable all in-App-specific LED settings and let LightFlow control them all.
    LightFlow is having the same issue w/ the LED on the S III.

They are working on a workaround at the moment, but it requires root. Samsung just needs to fix it (bring it in line with standards).

I want more blue flashing, not red or funky purple constant on!!!!
    07-12-2012 01:54 AM
    i dont have that issue...facebook notification gives me a blinking blue LED...i only get a steady red LED when i'm charging and the screen is turned off
    07-12-2012 05:12 AM
    i dont have that issue...facebook notification gives me a blinking blue LED...i only get a steady red LED when i'm charging and the screen is turned off
    I think you're the exception here.
    07-12-2012 02:55 PM
    Lightflow does not work correctly on North American S3's.
    07-12-2012 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD