10-03-2012 03:34 AM
121 ... 2345
tools
    I only disagree in that Apple is making by far the lions share of money in smartphones and Samsung is the only Android manufacturers that is not losing money. The rest are all in the red. The Android developer community is insignificant compare to iOS in terms of revenue as well.
    You can put a new battery in an iPhone 4 quite cheaply. Many options there. But why would you need to?
    If you travel on an airplane you can't take spare batteries. That's the only time I might see the need. But I never run out of battery anyway. I think Android users think it is a bigger deal than it is because until recently Android battery life was terrible.
    Apple has bene litigating for a long time. Bit so has Google, Microsoft, Samsung. Everyone does. Many Android users are somehow unaware of this. Microsoft makes a lot of money from Android licenses because of lawsuits for example. Google can and has sued people for using Android differently from how they would like. the supposedly open source Android which has to be the most closed "open source" project in the history of open source.
    First of all I've taken spare batteries with me on planes all the time. Second of all, have you ever been in an area where the phone signal is weak? That will drain batteries incredibly quickly. I'm glad you only think you would need a spare battery when flying. Can I join your world?
    Rev2010 likes this.
    07-13-2012 09:37 PM
    I miss the email client on iOS. I cannot find a good email app on android to save my life. My main email is my @me email (iCloud). The text and pictures do not render like they do on my iPhone. I really wish android can get a good email client with better text and picture rendering.
    I personally hate the iPad email client. Can't attach a file to an email (from the email app....you have to do it from the app the file is a part of, and even then you can only attach one file). You can't have a different signature for each email account (a dealbreaker for people like me with several email accounts that require different signatures). Finally, there's an extra step to delete multiple emails (you have to press 'edit' to bring up the checkboxes)

It does display emails nicely though, but the functionality is lacking. YMMV.

And FYI...I'm typing this on my iPad 2.
    Rev2010 likes this.
    07-13-2012 11:13 PM
    Yeah you really don't know much about Apple. Like most people who complain about them
    I was really trying to be nice by not carrying on, but you're absolutely right. It's funny when people still try to use the "Apple products are more expensive than the competition" argument. I mean seriously, price the iPad next to an Android tablet with similar features, and tell me the iPad is more expensive. Price the MacBook Air, next to all of the knockoff ultra books, and tell me who is more expensive. Either way some people like to argue for the sake of arguing, I was trying to be a little more cordial considering that wasn't really the topic at hand.

Finally, there's an extra step to delete multiple emails (you have to press 'edit' to bring up the checkboxes)

It does display emails nicely though, but the functionality is lacking. YMMV.

And FYI...I'm typing this on my iPad 2.
    Granted I haven't really looked for an e-mail client yet, I liked having my work e-mail, and personal e-mail in one place, instead of having two separate apps. Secondly being able to just swipe to delete instead of having to check the box, and then press the trash icon was far easier. Otherwise, I'm really love the S3.
    07-14-2012 07:56 AM
    Granted I haven't really looked for an e-mail client yet, I liked having my work e-mail, and personal e-mail in one place, instead of having two separate apps. Secondly being able to just swipe to delete instead of having to check the box, and then press the trash icon was far easier. Otherwise, I'm really love the S3.
    I only use the email (not gmail app). I put my gmail and exchange accounts in that app. No need to use two apps unless you really love the gmail app for your gmail account (or are a heavy gmail user that needs the additional features the gmail app provides for gmail accounts, like labels and stuff)
    07-14-2012 09:54 AM
    Dump That Iphone
    07-14-2012 10:38 AM
    It's a shame this post has turned into a lot of Trolling and mud slinging much of which is not even based on fact but just opinion stated as fact.

I am enjoying the new SIII It has some good as well as bad. As did my Iphone. My largest complaint against this new Android, the email is absolutely terrible when compared to my Iphone. I went to Android for the freedom it gives and the Screen size (my eye sight is not the best).

The email client is almost a deal breaker. Almost but not totally, I will live with it. An I will need help getting the most out of it.

I sure wish the mud slinging would stop, and even more so the Trolls. I noticed a link for the iphone/ipad forums. If some would prefer to extoll the virtues of those products. Please use those links. This forum I thought, was for the betterment of the Android phones and uses of such. I no longer go to the Iphone forums because the only thing I would be doing their would be trolling and baiting.

Yes I miss some things about my Iphone, and some things I do not. Does it really matter if I can scream louder which is better? For me a lot of what makes the Iphone a good product is exactly what makes it a bad one.

Lets hoping we can all get along and help each other with our problems, and I have more than one with this new Android.

Have a great day everyone.
    K_Quintana likes this.
    07-14-2012 11:25 AM
    The email client is almost a deal breaker. Almost but not totally, I will live with it. An I will need help getting the most out of it.
    Have you tried 3rd party email apps? There are a ton of far superior one's out there compared to most phone's included email apps, plenty free too.

Rev.
    07-14-2012 11:43 AM
    This picture pretty much sums up why I switched. Reading and web browsing is vastly superior on the 4.8" S3 screen. I shot that with my iPad and there's no red tinge on the S3 in person.

Click to view quoted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Wow owned

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums
    07-14-2012 11:49 AM
    Have you tried 3rd party email apps? There are a ton of far superior one's out there compared to most phone's included email apps, plenty free too.

Rev.
    Yes, thanks Brother, At the moment I am trying K-9 Mail. Combines all email well but still does not give me any options to edit outgoing email. Any suggestions?
    07-14-2012 11:58 AM
    Yes, thanks Brother, At the moment I am trying K-9 Mail. Combines all email well but still does not give me any options to edit outgoing email. Any suggestions?
    Actually it does let you edit the message prior. I am using K-9 as well. When I reply there is a pencil icon next to the X icon (x is to erase the quoted texted). When you tap the pencil icon you can edit the previous message if you just want to quote a single line for example. In previous versions the user had to turn off HMTL messages under the send email options and instead set it to Plain Text, but they've since added the pencil icon so now I can leave html message enabled. Hope this helps, if not then let me know and I'll try to help you further with it.

Rev.
    07-14-2012 03:47 PM
    Actually it does let you edit the message prior. I am using K-9 as well. When I reply there is a pencil icon next to the X icon (x is to erase the quoted texted). When you tap the pencil icon you can edit the previous message if you just want to quote a single line for example. In previous versions the user had to turn off HMTL messages under the send email options and instead set it to Plain Text, but they've since added the pencil icon so now I can leave html message enabled. Hope this helps, if not then let me know and I'll try to help you further with it.

Rev.
    07-14-2012 04:33 PM
    Hince the beauty of android lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-2012 05:01 PM
    I'm back and forth between iphone and android anyway. More than likely I'll be trying out the next iphone. I'm not loyal to any brand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-14-2012 05:03 PM
    I know for a fact that I'm not loyal to any brand or carrier
    07-14-2012 05:10 PM
    ALL of my friends have the iphone and I showed it to a few of them last night and they were impressed. The biggest things that attracted them was the massive screen, light weight, crazy fast 4LTE (not that fake 4g on ATT), and some of my widgets.
    07-14-2012 05:15 PM

Rev.
    Thanks, I for the information. An what you mentioned I did not see. I am actually referring to Text editing on emails I am composing (bold, size etc....).
    07-14-2012 06:10 PM

Rev.
    Thanks, I for the information. An what you mentioned I did not see. I am actually referring to Text editing on emails I am composing (bold, size etc....).
    07-14-2012 06:21 PM
    ALL of my friends have the iphone and I showed it to a few of them last night and they were impressed. The biggest things that attracted them was the massive screen, light weight, crazy fast 4LTE (not that fake 4g on ATT), and some of my widgets.
    Lol not that I'm a fan of either att or vzw att has 4glte too and there coverage is getting better just not a fan of u guys data caps lol

07-14-2012 08:11 PM
    Left my iPhone 4 for the S3. Had an iPhone for 3-4 years. I was just getting tired of the small screen. And I HATED iTunes. My iPhone never synced with it because every time I sync, it would delete a bunch of my apps or just reset it.
    It took a little getting used to my S3. I also dislike the email app in S3 because I have to "load more detail" or something like that every time. It is trouble some for me. With the iPhone, the email just showed up correctly. I have set my email to load everything (images and no file size limit to no avail). But, I am getting used to the email client.
    I do love that I have so many options with Android though. Since I got the S3, I have spent more money at the Play Store than when I had my iPhone. With the iPhone App Stores, the apps just didn't seem like it was worth it to buy. And I only used the free ones. With the S3 or Play Store, all the free ones I used to use are here and there are just more apps that I wanted to buy.
    I might go back to the iPhone if they improve their screen and flexibility, but most of all, I NEED that microSD card slot. That's one of the best features. I also love the fact that the S3 has USB OTG. I can copy files to a flash drive and I can just plug that flash drive to the S3 and use it. That's awesome.
    iPhone looks slicker but that's mostly it. I am enjoying the S3. But if a new Nexus comes out this year, I might have to get that instead.
    07-15-2012 02:12 AM
    Left my iPhone 4 for the S3. Had an iPhone for 3-4 years. I was just getting tired of the small screen. And I HATED iTunes. My iPhone never synced with it because every time I sync, it would delete a bunch of my apps or just reset it.
    It took a little getting used to my S3. I also dislike the email app in S3 because I have to "load more detail" or something like that every time. It is trouble some for me. With the iPhone, the email just showed up correctly. I have set my email to load everything (images and no file size limit to no avail). But, I am getting used to the email client.
    I do love that I have so many options with Android though. Since I got the S3, I have spent more money at the Play Store than when I had my iPhone. With the iPhone App Stores, the apps just didn't seem like it was worth it to buy. And I only used the free ones. With the S3 or Play Store, all the free ones I used to use are here and there are just more apps that I wanted to buy.
    I might go back to the iPhone if they improve their screen and flexibility, but most of all, I NEED that microSD card slot. That's one of the best features. I also love the fact that the S3 has USB OTG. I can copy files to a flash drive and I can just plug that flash drive to the S3 and use it. That's awesome.
    iPhone looks slicker but that's mostly it. I am enjoying the S3. But if a new Nexus comes out this year, I might have to get that instead.
    If u hate the default email use the many others in the store same with the keyboard browser themes hell even the version and features almost 100% of Android is customisable it really is YOUR phone and fug iTunes lol :beer: welcome to the club

07-15-2012 10:19 AM
    Well count me into those leaving the iPhone. I've had a 3G and a 4 for years. Before that I had a HTC 8525, geez I am old. I flashed many a ROM from xda on that one....

Well I've jailbroken every iPhone iOS and well just am tired of the whole needing to do that to get the iPhone to do what I needed it to do and be. So with iOS6, with little hope of it coming close to functionality of my jailbroken iOS 5.1, on the horizon and as usual wait for a jailbreak. I got fed up and ordered a S3.

I read a lot of the posts on ICS and this phone as well as the HOX. Ultimately it came down to a microSD or not and I favor storage... The points on the HOX are all very valid, screen is brighter and camera. But unless you are using the S3 next to an HOX all day the S3 screen is still beautiful.

Can't wait to start playing with setting up my new phone the way I want it...

My wife and kids are making fun of it's size... But oh how she will regret it when the iPhone 5 comes out with a bigger screen.... But of course that will be fine as it's an Apple...LOL She is feeling like I left the family as we all have Apple devices... LOL. Still have an iPad 1 but the Nexus 7 is interesting and I might be looking at that once I get the S3 up and running.

Thanks!!!
    07-15-2012 10:54 AM
    I for one am a lover of Apple products, but since I am in the IT field and just love technology, I switch devices about every year because I like to see whats new.

I had the iPhone 3G, then switched to the Droid Incredible as my first Android device. I went back to the iPhone for the iPhone 4 and 4S, but switched to the Galaxy III mainly because of the screen size.

I love the features of the phone, and love the "freedom" that we get with Android instead of the "locked down" feel from iPhone.

I doubt I will switch to the iPhone 5 since rumors are saying its only a 3.99" screen. I still have my iPad and Mac computers, so I don't think I will miss anything.

Just my 2 cents.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    07-15-2012 01:09 PM
    I left Apple due to the fact that I've gotten fed up with their practice of suing all of their competition over BS patents and getting said products banned for sale. This was a spur of the moment decision and I had to get a new device rather quickly (actually suffered for 2 weeks with a 4 year old flip phone). I had decided on the Galaxy S III as it is the best Android device out there on Verizon. I thought maybe the much larger size would bother me, but this thing is so thin and light that I almost don't feel it in my pocket and the battery life is just as good as it was on the iPhone 4 running stock iOS 5. I know Apple fans say that Android lags a lot, but this runs smoother than my iPhone did as it would slow down quite noticeably while doing menial tasks.

I can safely say that I will never again consider an iPhone unless forced to do so. I'm totally content with Android, WP8, and even BB10 (if RIM survives to release it as it looks pretty sweet from what I've seen).
    07-15-2012 03:48 PM
    Dropped the 4s a few days ago for the s3 and love it. I can't believe everything it can do and how smooth it runs.

Hardest thing for me is finding out the cool personalization and apps to download so I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos.
    07-15-2012 04:16 PM
    Count me in the group of those leaving the iPhone, but who knows for how long. I have a problem with tech ADD and have been bouncing around between iPhone 4s, and Lumia 900 since it came out. When I saw the SIII I decided it was time to give android a try again. I have to say I am loving it once I got rid of the stock keyboard. The phone is just as smooth as iOS if not smoother and the LTE will make sure I don't need the iPhone again until it has LTE. The one thing that does bug me is that being in a Mac filed house it is almost impossible to get the S III to play nice with my computer. Once I can get it to sync with Kies or another software over USB I will be happier then a school girl on prom night.
    07-15-2012 06:02 PM
121 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD