I hear a lot of iPhone users going to this phone.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I played with the SIII in the At&t store today (by "played" I mean I looked at the screen and couldn't get past password protection). Just from holding the phone and looking at the display, I know this will be my next phone, and this is coming from a person who has had an iPhone from 2008. I hear a lot of positive stories of people going to the SIII from the iPhone 4s, and loving it.

Who else has come to the SIII from the iPhone? Do you like it?

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been with iOS since the orignal iphone off and on. I got mine GS3 on release day and I like it. Wish the screen was a little smaller for my use. Love how you can customize and notifications are a lot better. It's nice not to use itunes for everything.

Via Tapatalk with Galaxy S3

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Let's say you needed a new phone right now and you have been using a iPhone 3g or 4. Well what will a 4s offer you that the 3g or 4 really doesn't?
Better screen , faster ui , little better camera?
Don't get me wrong my 2 year old uses my wife's iPhone and our iPad in a way that is just easier for her than my androids ( keeps hitting competitive buttons by mistake ).
Give this thing a try even for the trial period ... you will love it I swear.

Dunbar42

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Been on iPhones exclusively since 2008, most recently an iPhone 4 for the past 2 years. Got my VZW S3 on Tuesday and I'm also struggling a little bit with the size but I'm hoping I get used to it. Content consumption on the S3 is awesome and you don't notice pentile at normal viewing distances. I have a Macbook Air and iPad 3 so I still read the Macrumors forums. It's interesting to see what reasons iPhone fans are coming up with to skip Android. Most of advantages iOS had over Android are nonexistent on the S3. I can't imagine making do with a 3.5" screen and 3G after using the S3. I do believe the Iphone 5 will have a 4" screen and LTE but I still think that screen would be too small for me.

spicedham

May 10, 2010
Visit site
i came from using the iphone 4 because i was tired of it wanted something new. but i'm just using it until the next iphone comes out. this phone feels fast but the software is clunky. it not intuitive like the iphone. menus and settings are all over the place and not consistant. just making a folder takes pressing and selecting a couple things. you can't just hold and drop an icon on top of another. it takes a bit of time messing with the phone to get it working how you like it while apple sets things to how they think is ideal, most of the time it works well. thats just to name a few things. Also you can find apps with the same functionality as the iphone but many of them don't seem to have the same quality. the app's images and icons are blurry and using the apps are not as well put together.

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I came from an iPhone 4s. I have used Apple on and off, but I basically done with the iPhone. You can't customize the phone to your liking and that is what Apple wants...a uniform experience for everyone. That's not a bad thing, just not for me. I agree with what spicedham said that it takes a little while to get things how you like them. But once you do, it's great!!! As far as settings go, you have a systems settings and then each app might additional settings you can customized. The learning curve is a little longer than an iPhone, but if I wanted a phone that you can only add icons or make folders, then I would've stuck with the iPhone. No thank you...I'll take the S3!!!

judge34411

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have also come from the IPhone, and to be honest, my main reason I was fed up off supporting a company that controls everything and make you use all their own systems, plugs etc.... Having said that the Apple system is more polished. But I prefer this SIII to my I4.

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
i came from using the iphone 4 because i was tired of it wanted something new. but i'm just using it until the next iphone comes out. this phone feels fast but the software is clunky. it not intuitive like the iphone. menus and settings are all over the place and not consistant. just making a folder takes pressing and selecting a couple things. you can't just hold and drop an icon on top of another. it takes a bit of time messing with the phone to get it working how you like it while apple sets things to how they think is ideal, most of the time it works well. thats just to name a few things. Also you can find apps with the same functionality as the iphone but many of them don't seem to have the same quality. the app's images and icons are blurry and using the apps are not as well put together.

This is exactly why many people here do not enjoy iOS. If you are someone who wants to open a box, and just go (my girlfriend :) ), then iOS is good. But if you really want to arrange the OS how you want it, Android is going to be the direction for you.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
My S III will be here Saturday, but by playing with one in Verizon for only a minute today I can tell I will not miss my iPhone 4S at all. I mean I love my iPhone, but the S III is just outstanding to be honest. Even the upcoming iPhone won't be as good as the S III.

Reactions: lethalgorman

spicedham

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I also want to mention about the build quality. It's not as good as the iphone or htc one x. The volume rocker and the power button are loose on my phone after a week. The button travel on the top of my volume rocker is more than the bottom. The back cover makes the phone feel hollow in the back. The glossy material makes the phone feel like a toy.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I also want to mention about the build quality. It's not as good as the iphone or htc one x. The volume rocker and the power button are loose on my phone after a week. The button travel on the top of my volume rocker is more than the bottom. The back cover makes the phone feel hollow in the back. The glossy material makes the phone feel like a toy.
I can't speak to the volume rocker and power button issues you're having since mine are fine. I can, however, say I used to have a Droid X that was extremely solid hardware-wise. I'll take this "toy" phone over my old Droid X any day of the week thank you.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You can say that the way Apple sets things up "works well" but that's just your opinion. I used to have an iPhone and to me it's the Readers Digest version of what an operating system should be. Everything is condensed without extra features. I like having the options and having the opportunity to change things. I don't want to think like Steve Jobs thinks I should think. Regarding creating a folder, in ICS you can just drag icons on top of each other. It's Touchwiz that doesn't allow you to do that but launchers that can be gotten for free in the Market will.

You're transitioning from an iPhone so you don't know Android very well yet and maybe you won't give yourself the time to learn it but don't condemn an operating system because it gives you options. That's just crazy talk. I'll take options over being a drone any time.

allanmclovin

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am another user who is coming from the iPhone. I am not big on gaming on my phone, so for me this phone is perfect. YouTube is better, Google Maps, Navigation are all so much better. Also, Google voice search is much more accurate than Siri. I don't really use S voice though because it seems equally as bad.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Wow. This just goes to show how different people really are. Totally respect your opinion. But to me the S3 is absolutely the most beautiful phone i have ever had. Bought a 4s for my girl cause that's what she wanted, so i got a chance to play with it for awhile. Held the HOX in my hands at the store. But none of them got me excited like the s3 did. The smooth lines and overall feel of the phone is just amazing to me. Even now, after having it for about a week, I'm still here in bed staring at it, like a teen aged girl staring at a poster of brat pit.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site

That's funny. I have not read anyone else complaining about this issue. Coincidence, coming from an I4 user? I certainly have not had this issue, nor my wife.

As far as build quality, just because it 'feels' like a toy, doesn't mean it is poorly built. I know for a fact it can take a punch. My wife dropped her's on pebbled concrete and you cannot tell where it hit. On the other hand, I really like the light weight. Just because it's light doesn't mean it is poorly built.

It's obvious you think very highly of your iphone, and you've made that point here, so you can move on now.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak to the volume rocker and power button issues you're having since mine are fine. I can, however, say I used to have a Droid X that was extremely solid hardware-wise. I'll take this "toy" phone over my old Droid X any day of the week thank you.
I came from the DROID X too. Completely agree. That thing is built like a tank. But the home button on the X over the last 3 or 4 months is getting a little tough to press, not as responsive.

When I look at the 4.8" screen on the SGS3 and then look at the 4.3" screen on the X, it looks so small now, almost feels like an iPhone screen, tiny.

I really wanted the Samsung Note 5.3" screen but, Verizon gave no indication that they were getting it. After having the the SGS3 for a day, in pretty satisfied with the screen size.

Funny, I originally bought the HTC Incredible 2 yrs ago and laughed at how HUGE the droid X was compared to the Incredible. But the Incredible had shipping delays (waited over a month). So I canceled and got the X. Now I consider the X to be small and want an even bigger phone. :)

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

I have a $20 Tpu case on the phone and everything is solid and tight .... also the screen is huge and even with a case on it the phone disappears in my pocket

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I had one of the very first iPhone's and it was OKAY, but it lacked features galore. I then switched to Android, and I LOVED IT! I then decided to switch BACK to iPhone when the 4S came out, it was NICE, but still lacking and I missed my android features and i got sick of paying for apps on the iPhone that are FREE on Android ..... ( i do paid apps, but geesh apple is ridiculous ) and got tired of the small screen, i had gotten used to the 4" and up screens.....

So after having the 4s for 6 months, I got bored out of my mind, and was just waiting for the next best Android to arrive, and THE GALAXY S3 was it!!! I love this phone!!!!

you won't be disappointed!

I have had it since June 25th , and I have NO PROBLEMS at all!!
my husband took back the ONE X and got the S3 on Monday!!! LOL

jerico74

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I came from an 4S (and 2 versions before that). I've got nothing against Apple, but I couldn't <stand> Mobile Safari, and desktop Safari is even worse - so bookmark sharing was an inconvenient exercise at best. I swtiched mostly just so I could run Firefox on the GS3.

That said, think the phone is outstanding. I love the size too - it makes an iPhone feel tiny (and heavy).

Enjoying the learning curve too, frankly - it is a fun phone/OS to play with.

Best,

Justin

Reactions: lethalgorman

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad