I hear a lot of iPhone users going to this phone.

The_colombian

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a iPhone 4 since a little after it came out on Verizon. Only reason I got it was because Verizon had a terrible android selection then. I enjoyed it and the app selection is great. I think it did me well while a good android phone was released.
I like the S3 a lot and it is as reliable as my iPhone was. Far more features and big screen with just as good battery life.

Sent from my galaxy S III

brucep1

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am also coming from an iPhone 4. Especially difficult for me since I absolutely loved my iphone. I decided I wanted to get 4G LTE and a bigger screen, coupled with the fact that I could still get unlimied data on Verizon.

Needless to say, I went to Verizon last night, got my S3 with unlimited data, and haven't looked at the iphone since. This thing is just too powerful. I live in an area with 4 bars of 4G coverage, seemed to browse as fast as my wifi.

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I am also coming from an iPhone 4. Especially difficult for me since I absolutely loved my iphone. I decided I wanted to get 4G LTE and a bigger screen, coupled with the fact that I could still get unlimied data on Verizon.

Needless to say, I went to Verizon last night, got my S3 with unlimited data, and haven't looked at the iphone since. This thing is just too powerful. I live in an area with 4 bars of 4G coverage, seemed to browse as fast as my wifi.

Ya its pretty amazing the features this phone comes with stock, I had to jailbreak my 4s just to get half these features

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Count me as an iPhone 4/4S user who's made the jump to the S3. I still have my iPhone in the sock drawer and have used Android before (Droid 1, Inc, Inc 2, Nexus, Razr) and this S3 is BY FAR the best Android experience I've had. My biggest draw is always battery life and this thing is right on par with my 4S. It will likely be better once I remember all of the tools at my disposal to conserve power. For example, I purchased it on Sunday and was on wi-fi all day yesterday and didn't remember until this morning that turning off mobile data while on wi-fi does nothing but restrict data to wi-fi and has no affect on me making receiving calls. *dunce*

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I know 6 people that ditch their I phones for the S3 and so far are absolutely loving their purchase. And none of them are techies.

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

gta50419

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Had iphone 4 for 2 years. Switched to an S3 when i seen the iphone 5 was the same as the 4s.
Love the phone but i do miss the battery life, Music player, O.S, & simplicity of the iphone.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I definitely miss the music player. I've been using player pro but it's just not the same.

try the poweramp 14day trial mate. it is pretty similar to player pro though, just prettyer with skins plus theres a plug-in to show lyrics of what youre playing and a plugin to share what youre listening to with facebook or twitter (im addicted to pressin that button lol, my friend list is probably dwindling steadily :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I definitely miss the music player and how it was integrated with my car stereo, Apple Tv and AirPlay radio in the house...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i suppose it must be hard making the switch. i went from java to nokia symbian to android so each step was an improvement in every way possible.
luckily ive never owned an ios device so dont know what im missing.
i know if i had to change from 'droid to ios, id miss SO many things so i do empathise with the ex-ios people and applaud their bravery :beer:

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I tried winamp and poweramp and I like player pro better so I bought the paid app. It works for now. The other thing I miss is the maps app, but I hear so do iphone 5 users

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
u dont like gmaps????? lol

ps, u tried Google Earth on s3 yet?... very nice :)

luigy323

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Lol I been reading so many negative things about iphone. Thank god for Android

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll give Google Earth a try.

its obv not as nice as on pc and dependant on how good your data signal is but it is v nice.
i like lookin at places like north korea.
and looking at the middle-east to get a scale of where the arab countries are in relation to one another and how REDICULOUS Isreal is (il stop now before i get my political head on lol)
if you wana see where i am right now its Well Street, Paisley, Scotland, (shjthole) ;)

ps, love the username FIREIDIOT lol, i was a child arsonist :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781