Hey guys, when I'm using the browser (specifically, Facebook), it seems to lock up because of high CPU usage. I imagine it's JavaScript or CSS that's causing it. However, I never had this happen on my old Droid X; I used to use Facebook all day on my Droid X since the app was so slow. I'm not loading anything crazy to cause high CPU usage.

Anyone else having this problem? If you check out my screenshots, you can see it's a fairly simple page and it's taking 50% CPU usage. I'm guessing 50% CPU means one core is running at 100%.
    07-12-2012 07:33 PM
    Try another browser and see if that browser does it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-12-2012 08:23 PM
    Try another browser and see if that browser does it.

I tried Opera but I can't force it to the "Touch" interface of m.facebook.com. So I can't duplicate the problem.
    07-12-2012 08:32 PM
    I just tried Dolphin Browser and it locks up Dolphin Browser as well. I guess it's Facebook and not the Android Browser.
    07-12-2012 08:42 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure can't explain it. Mine is working in dolphin at the moment.

07-12-2012 09:44 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure can't explain it. Mine is working in dolphin at the moment. Click to view quoted image

I noticed it happens when goto the comments on a post, not on the News Feed or your Profile. I'm going to wipe the phone for good measure but I think it's bad JavaScript or something.

I just found it odd that it worked perfectly fine several days ago on my old Droid X. O_o
    Rev2010 likes this.
    07-12-2012 10:00 PM
    I reset the phone. Didn't think it would help and it didn't.
    07-12-2012 11:24 PM
    Wow, this is weird you mention this because I almost never use Facebook but when I do I use the browser because I don't want any Facebook integration nor passwords saved. Anywho, well tonight I noticed *exactly* what you've experienced. Browsing is fine, but the instant I try to comment it locks up and I have to hit the home button then go into App Manager and force close. I've had this with Dolphin but then tried the built in Samsung browser and had the same problem. I was about to install the FB app but cancelled because I use it on my phone so infrequently. Weird for sure.

Rev.
    07-12-2012 11:39 PM
    Wow, this is weird you mention this because I almost never use Facebook but when I do I use the browser because I don't want any Facebook integration nor passwords saved. Anywho, well tonight I noticed *exactly* what you've experienced. Browsing is fine, but the instant I try to comment it locks up and I have to hit the home button then go into App Manager and force close. I've had this with Dolphin but then tried the built in Samsung browser and had the same problem. I was about to install the FB app but cancelled because I use it on my phone so infrequently. Weird for sure.

Rev.
    Thanks for getting back to me. At least I know I'm not doing something stupid. I'm pretty sure it's a buggy scripting that's causing it. I'm also pretty sure it's not hardware (it's too high level to be) or the browser (happens with both Android/Samsung Browser and Dolphin).

I"ll submit a report to Facebook. I appreciate a lot for confirming and duplicating the problem!
    07-13-2012 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD