USB OTG Devices

rortt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Anybody get anything different than the standard flash drives, mouse, and keyboard working on USB OTG adapter?

I have been succesful with various flash drives, but not USB hard drives to mount and copy data. The USB hard drives show up as a "blank SD card". I used an externally powered USB hub to power them.

Keyboard and mouse were pretty straight forward.

I have an AOC usb monitor. Nothing happens when I plug that in.
USB Bluetooth dongle (which you probably would never need anyway) doesn't seem to do anything.

Next on my list, but pretty useless, is a powerpoint presenter wireless mouse.

Anybody try anything else and get it to work?

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have only tried a few thumb drives for my usb OTG.

I picked up one of these to use with Bluetooth;
Amazon.com: OrientEX Mini Bluetooth Handheld Keyboard with Multi-Touchpad / Laser Pointer for Google TV / HTPC / PC / Iphone / Android Tablet + Black Nylon Hand Strap Lanyard: Computers & Accessories

I have not run it through the paces, but it works good so far.

I think its cool that there is a pointer overlay when you use a mouse or touchpad. I will use a powered usb hub and hard drive and get back to you

paulyb37

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't see my hp passport external hard drive on my s3. Thumb drives work well though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

ifp

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
The problem with the hard drives it that they aren't formatted as FAT32. Android doesn't recognize the NTFS filesystem.

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
The problem with the hard drives it that they aren't formatted as FAT32. Android doesn't recognize the NTFS filesystem.

I agree that this is probably why some of you can't read external drives on your USB converter. I have my external drive formatted to FAT32 because I regularly used it between both Mac and PC's and didn't want either of the proprietary formatting systems. Get your drive in FAT32 and it should work great.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit - which is rather prohibitive when you keep high quality movies on your drive. I wonder if I can have an NTFS partition and a FAT32 partition on my portable drives...and how the phone will respond when that's plugged in.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance