Anybody get anything different than the standard flash drives, mouse, and keyboard working on USB OTG adapter?

I have been succesful with various flash drives, but not USB hard drives to mount and copy data. The USB hard drives show up as a "blank SD card". I used an externally powered USB hub to power them.

Keyboard and mouse were pretty straight forward.

I have an AOC usb monitor. Nothing happens when I plug that in.
    USB Bluetooth dongle (which you probably would never need anyway) doesn't seem to do anything.

Next on my list, but pretty useless, is a powerpoint presenter wireless mouse.

Anybody try anything else and get it to work?
    07-12-2012 11:19 PM
    I have only tried a few thumb drives for my usb OTG.

I picked up one of these to use with Bluetooth;
    Amazon.com: OrientEX Mini Bluetooth Handheld Keyboard with Multi-Touchpad / Laser Pointer for Google TV / HTPC / PC / Iphone / Android Tablet + Black Nylon Hand Strap Lanyard: Computers & Accessories

I have not run it through the paces, but it works good so far.

I think its cool that there is a pointer overlay when you use a mouse or touchpad. I will use a powered usb hub and hard drive and get back to you
    07-13-2012 11:50 AM
    oops double post
    07-13-2012 11:55 AM
    I can't see my hp passport external hard drive on my s3. Thumb drives work well though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    07-22-2012 04:50 PM
    The problem with the hard drives it that they aren't formatted as FAT32. Android doesn't recognize the NTFS filesystem.
    07-23-2012 11:40 AM
    The problem with the hard drives it that they aren't formatted as FAT32. Android doesn't recognize the NTFS filesystem.
    I agree that this is probably why some of you can't read external drives on your USB converter. I have my external drive formatted to FAT32 because I regularly used it between both Mac and PC's and didn't want either of the proprietary formatting systems. Get your drive in FAT32 and it should work great.
    07-23-2012 12:08 PM
    FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit - which is rather prohibitive when you keep high quality movies on your drive. I wonder if I can have an NTFS partition and a FAT32 partition on my portable drives...and how the phone will respond when that's plugged in.
    07-23-2012 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD