07-17-2012 10:32 PM
32 12
tools
    Just curious, but does anyone else have absolutely no interest in even checking out Samsung's S Voice on their Galaxy S III? That was amongst the first few things I disabled.

Sent from my Handspring Trēo 90 using TreoCentral: Forums.
    trekmario likes this.
    07-13-2012 09:59 AM
    Just curious, but does anyone else have absolutely no interest in even checking out Samsung's S Voice on their Galaxy S III? That was amongst the first few things I disabled.

Yeah, it doesn't do anything for me. I haven't disabled it yet, but I can't see myself using it.

I occasionally used voice controlled dialing over BT on my DX2 in the car - will that still work if I disable it?
    07-13-2012 10:02 AM
    I use it from time to time. It is much easier that typing in an address for navigation and I can launch apps I may have hidden and sporadically use. It's not a make it or break it feature but it works well enough for some things.
    07-13-2012 10:05 AM
    Only had it for a few days, and I find it hasn't performed well enough for me to make use of it.

My concern is that once we get Jelly Bean, Samsung will disable the new features of Google Voice Search.
    07-13-2012 10:18 AM
    No interest here. Much like with Siri...
    07-13-2012 10:52 AM
    I've used it very little. I only like it for making appointments.
    07-13-2012 10:55 AM
    What I'd like to know is if anyone is using Google voice and how to implement it in the phone easily to access it?? I have my headset on 80% of the time so it would be nice to make calls and texts and other things with voice commands instead of constantly taking my phone out of my pocket!
    07-13-2012 10:57 AM
    I used it at first but after failing miserably multiple times I disabled it for the increased home button speed and added a short cut to the dock. So it's there collecting dust with an occasional use every one and a while. It's pretty good at getting weather updates so I use it for that.
    07-13-2012 11:00 AM
    I think the problem with S-Voice is that it's slow and it tends not to understand the queries. For example, I needed to call John on his mobile. I said, "Call John Mobile." S-Voice responds calling John Mom Mobile. So I had to talk to John's mom for a few which wasn't bad but still I need S-Voice to work right. I had the MT4G before and the "Genius Button" worked flawlessly for me.
    07-13-2012 11:21 AM
    i used it once or twice to send a text message while driving, otherwise it is pretty useless.
    07-13-2012 11:47 AM
    I disabled the option to access it by pressing the home button...

But I can understand why Samsung put it there... they needed it to compete with Siri on the iPhone.
    07-13-2012 12:06 PM

I disabled it 1 hour into using he phone

I tried to use it last week but it was un responsive, I'll be waiting on Google now or whatever it's called

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 12:12 PM
    Uh, yeah! I fully agree...S voice is nothing more than a marketing ploy.
    07-13-2012 03:17 PM
    not even a marketing ploy. more like a horrible gimmick that never was even meant to stand up to siri (in responsiveness).
    trekmario likes this.
    07-13-2012 04:13 PM
    I don't even like use Siri which is far better so i have no intention of using S Voice.
    07-13-2012 04:20 PM
    I've had my phone two weeks now and I haven't tried it out yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 04:23 PM
    I think its pretty stupid honestly. Whats the point of asking whats the weather will be like, when i can just quickly open a browser, and type it in myself?
    07-13-2012 04:30 PM
    I disabled the double press to activate as soon as I received my phone. I have not disabled the app but do not use it.
    07-13-2012 04:56 PM
    I don't use it, but I don't mind that it's there. Same deal with my wife and Siri. She doesn't actively use it, but will sometimes to set an alarm or Google something.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 05:03 PM
    No interest here. Much like with Siri...
    +1

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III
    07-13-2012 05:26 PM
    Same here, turned it off. Figured it was using system resources and battery waiting for a command. Turned off gestures too.
    trekmario likes this.
    07-13-2012 05:53 PM
    I think its pretty stupid honestly. Whats the point of asking whats the weather will be like, when i can just quickly open a browser, and type it in myself?
    And that's the bottom line - if you can do what you want faster with your fingers, what's the point? The fact that you can't really use it in public means the only real reason is to use it in a car while driving. But even then, it doesn't work when you have music blaring through speakers connected via the audio jack.
    07-13-2012 06:45 PM
    I use it quite a bit. If you go into the help screen and read the comands they provide it works really well for me. (maybe i just have a great voice... jp) Mine is not that slow, when i use the right commands. I use it alot of maps and navigation. Instead of saying "find an italian restaurant" like the comparison video show... say map italian restaurants. It will open maps and show you all the italian restuarants. I also use it a lot in the car with my headset. Also for the most part it is quicker to find simple answers like "how high is mt everest" instead of opening browser and typing it in. If you learn to use it right it def provides a benefit. It is not an ALL the time thing, because some things are faster just doing them yourself... but when your hands are tied or in certain situations, it is def a good tool.
    07-13-2012 06:45 PM

WHAT! You can talk to it?? I talk into it all the time but talk at it? Yikes if I start doing that I might end up in a rubber room. With all the widgets and such whats the point?

Naw, never even tried it disabled mine.

BLOAT WEAR!
    07-13-2012 07:01 PM
    Tried it on the Nexus when it was leaked. Haven't even turned it on once on the S3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2012 07:05 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD