Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-13-2012 11:12 AM
    You can still use Google Search from the Google widget. You just can't assign it a button press I don't think.
    07-13-2012 11:17 AM
    Well I'm guessing once we get jb roms developers will probably map voice search to long press home or something. Although unrooted I doubt it
    07-13-2012 11:21 AM
    See I want assigned to the home button...let's hope

07-13-2012 11:22 AM
    In apex launcher you can set the home key to do what you want so I'm guessing you could launch the Google now shortcut by pressing home. And we'll Google now open apps and text? It seems like it's mainly for data
    07-13-2012 11:52 AM
    In apex launcher you can set the home key to do what you want so I'm guessing you could launch the Google now shortcut by pressing home. And we'll Google now open apps and text? It seems like it's mainly for data
    I would hate to have Google Search open every time I press the Home button. Tapping Home twice is a different story though. For now, though, with Apex I have it set up to open Google Search with a 2-finger downward swipe.
    07-13-2012 11:59 AM
    I would hate to have Google Search open every time I press the Home button. Tapping Home twice is a different story though. For now, though, with Apex I have it set up to open Google Search with a 2-finger downward swipe.
    Yeah well that's better. I just don't have the full version lol. If I get the full version with the two fingers gestures I'll do the same.
    07-13-2012 12:13 PM
    You can activate Google Search by holding down the Menu button from the home screen. Don't know if you knew that already since nobody mentioned it.
    07-13-2012 12:26 PM
    You can activate Google Search by holding down the Menu button from the home screen. Don't know if you knew that already since nobody mentioned it.
    You know, somehow in all my playing around with the phone I missed that! Thanks!
    07-13-2012 12:38 PM
    Wow thanks !

07-13-2012 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD