Any regrets in buying a 16 gb instead of a 32gb S3?

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
a6934815-f174-2c43.jpg

Just picked this bad boy up at Frys for $79.99 just wondering if it will work on the S3.... I don't see why it wouldn't but just curious...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Not on VZW but no regrets. I have a 32 GB card in addition to the 16 GB and have not made a dent yet. You can a get a 16GB cheaper than the 32GB GS3 price.

This! Thanks to Google Play Music and this phone having great signal I was able to off-shute at least 15GBs of MP3s from my card to the cloud.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the 12gb will eventually stretch the app limits, but I'll probably have a SGSIV by then!

Not at all, 12gb is way more than enough for any apps you could possibly ever install. I had 8gb on my Droid 2 and never came anywhere close to using even half the storage between apps, photos, and videos taken with the cell cam. I just checked my S3 and have 68 apps installed as according to the market (but that's with the included bloatware) and my app storage space is currently 818mb. I just checked my Ubuntu Linux drive space and with all I have installed I'm only at 21.7gb space used.

Rev.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I transferred all my music and videos and so far working good without any issues....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 32gb just so I would have no regrets. I'm currently using 3gbs of my internal storage. As long as you have an sd, it doesn't matter what size the phone is.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If a person puts 12GB of apps on their phone, I would think they have a problem.

Sent from my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

I do have a problem and that is people imposing their own standard on me. ;)

If you are a gamer and like the newer 3d games, it will not take long to fill that up.

I have a 32gb and a 64gb, so by your standard, I am an absolute deviant.

I travel a lot and do not like relying in WiFi, so clouds are only good for shade and rain for me.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I do have a problem and that is people imposing their own standard on me. ;)

If you are a gamer and like the newer 3d games, it will not take long to fill that up.

I have a 32gb and a 64gb, so by your standard, I am an absolute deviant.

I travel a lot and do not like relying in WiFi, so clouds are only good for shade and rain for me.

There will always be a handful of extreme users, which it appears you may be you little devil :cool:. But the majority of users will likely never come close to filling it based on current app development.

In future development, apps likely will be created to have a larger footprint as the internal storage on phones grows, so 12GB in a couple of years may not go as far as it does today.

What is the biggest app you have installed, and what size is it?

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Not regretting my decision to get the 16GB at all.

12GB for apps.
29GB for music, pictures, videos, etc.
51.5GB of Dropbox storage from buying the Sprint version.

I just love this thing<3

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

This here for me too.

Being able to keep a load of apps, music and recorded pictures/videos on the phone, and being able to swap a mSD card between the phone and the tablet is worth $50 for me.

With my old phone (Droid 3) I was constantly having to move pictures and videos taken with the phone to Dropbox, which meant I couldn't access them at the drop of a hat sometimes when needed. Now I have some insurance that I have space on my phone and data on the phone will stay on the phone regardless of where the SD card is located.

Perhaps not a big deal for some, but it is for me.

Also, just FYI, if you get a cheap OTG cable, you can access USB sticks and even USB disk drives on the phone. That is another option for you.

-Suntan

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
16 gig is likely enough for some. However, as someone already alluded to, apps are getting bigger and bigger already. Some fancy pants games can be over a half gig. Remember, it's not about what your phone needs are today but what they will be in 12, even 16 months.

Double the ROM for $250 was worth it for me. (Yes, even is some stores were selling the 16 gig for $150)

As long as your phone meets your needs for the next 20 months or however long you want to keep it then you'll be okay.

To each their own.

Last edited:

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I suppose sometime in the next few months some enterprising dev will figure out a way to re-enable moving apps to the SD card.

Alternatively developers that make games with large memory requirements could store some of their resources on the external card if available.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I settled on 32gb. Added a class 6 SDXC 64gb card. For many of the same reasons already posted.

Ad Network Detector reports 372 apps. Manage Applications reports 5.7gb used, 21gb free.

The SGS3 is awesome!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams