10-24-2012 09:30 PM
113 ... 2345
tools
    I tried the free version of apex and nova. After using both I bought the nova launcher. I still need to configure to my exact specs but so far so good. I won't be using TW any longer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-20-2012 01:08 PM
    I really like Nova. I think it's very close to what stock ICS would be. I like Go as well and go has some great widgets, but I'm sticking with Nova for now.
    07-20-2012 01:21 PM
    I was using GO, but it was getting a bit laggy so I switched to Nova. Very impressed with how smooth it is.
    07-20-2012 02:41 PM
    Take a look at the forums in Missed it, some mention they have it working with exchange.

Forums
    Thanks...I'll check it out over the weekend. Maybe I can get it working in 15 minutes so I can get a refund if I can't. Man, I miss the 24 hour refund window **tries to avoid launching into tirade that it should be at least an hour**
    07-20-2012 03:05 PM
    But I got a question: How do I set a scrollable wallpaper with Nova? I see the option for it, but when I go to set the wallpaper, I still have to crop it to one screen's worth of image, just like Touchwiz. What am I doing wrong?
    Any ideas?
    07-20-2012 07:54 PM
    I have used apex, tho its almost identical to nova, it has crashed in me a couple of times.

I also tried go launcher, it has the most eye candy features and it's free too but the problem was it was draining my battery faster.

I'm now in the free nova, still testing it against touch wiz. I have nothing against touchwiz tho. I would happily use it. If all goes well with nova I might get THE Paid version.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2
    07-20-2012 08:49 PM
    Any ideas?

Wizardrii - I use to use this to make my screens fit. Play around with it and see if it solves your problem.
    07-20-2012 08:53 PM
    Question... what's the benefit of granting Nova Launcher root privileges? I loaded the free version, & definitely like it better than Touchwiz -- more apps in the dock + scrolling dock open up a ton of real estate, for one thing. I didn't grant it root though, so I wonder what features I'm missing.

& FWIW, Nova seemed smoother than Apex in the small amt of time I played with both on my GS3. Didn't spend enough time to know whether that could be changed with other settings, though.
    07-20-2012 10:47 PM
    Touchwiz runs smooth on the gs3
    07-21-2012 12:21 AM
    Question... what's the benefit of granting Nova Launcher root privileges? I loaded the free version, & definitely like it better than Touchwiz -- more apps in the dock + scrolling dock open up a ton of real estate, for one thing. I didn't grant it root though, so I wonder what features I'm missing.

& FWIW, Nova seemed smoother than Apex in the small amt of time I played with both on my GS3. Didn't spend enough time to know whether that could be changed with other settings, though.
    I believe root is just to get widgets in the drawer.
    07-21-2012 08:30 AM
    Does Nova have an option to wrap the drawer from the last page back to the first?

I can't find one...
    07-21-2012 11:54 AM
    For some reason I get random freezes with apps like Instagram and Seesmic when I use Apex. I switched back to TouchWiz this morning and haven't had 1 issue at all.

The only gripe I have with TouchWiz is that you can't set it to 'run' with NFC tags, meaning if I want it to kick to my homescreen when I touch my phone to a tag it won't unless I use Apex and Nova :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-21-2012 06:26 PM
    I just found out you can quick-swipe to other screens by sliding across the Page indicator. That's pretty nifty

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-22-2012 12:17 AM
    Apex is much faster and smoother than nova. Nova kinda binds up switching screens. Apex is smooth like butter.
    07-22-2012 12:21 AM
    Apex is much faster and smoother than nova. Nova kinda binds up switching screens. Apex is smooth like butter.
    I tested both extensively and saw nothing like this. Nova and Apex were quite smooth for me - even when running at the same time.
    07-22-2012 08:36 AM
    I paid for Apex but then found there was a delay in my wallpaper keeping up with my screens. I now purchased Nova and it doesn't have the problem at all. Luckily I don't mind having two paid launchers on my phone...
    07-22-2012 10:45 AM
    I wld leave touchwiz out as it's not so,customizable as others launcher.
    if u prefer free version, I wld suggest apex over nova. but I got the paid version "nova". paid version nova is much stabil and friendlier to set up. particularly in setting up tab/folder in drawer.
    gesture itself is better in nova. after few weeks of trying out...paid version is the answer for me.
    another launcher I tried - go launcher. recently version 3.1.1 hv fee implementation and improvement. worth trying-free. but I find that it's bit heavy in using resources(ram/battery) and advertisement.
    07-22-2012 11:22 AM
    I tried both and ended up paying for Nova. I just like the interface a little better. I am not rooted so Apex was a little more trouble and wouldn't let me put widgets on my home screens without root. Nova seems a little easier to mess with too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-22-2012 11:30 AM
    Putting widgets on with apex is easy as the old stock touchwiz. You just hold your finger on the home screen you want, pop up menu select add the widget and then pick your widget from the list. I actually find this easier than the drag and drop method
    bgl321 likes this.
    07-22-2012 11:55 AM
    I would like to have a launcher that combines that best of both Apex and Nova. I hate having to prioritize my favorite features...
    07-22-2012 02:28 PM
    Is there a way to make nova launcher's widget view look like the one from apex?

Edit: nevermind, just found it... :-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    07-22-2012 08:57 PM
    Putting widgets on with apex is easy as the old stock touchwiz. You just hold your finger on the home screen you want, pop up menu select add the widget and then pick your widget from the list. I actually find this easie drag and drop method
    I tried putting the galaxy clock widget up, but says screen has no room. I have a blank screen too.
    07-22-2012 09:46 PM
    Using Nova with beautiful Widgets super clock and Goweather live wallpaper

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 05:22 AM
    I am trying to decide between these two myself. I have used go launcher in the past but have heard that it collects personal data (is that true?) I'm still not sure yet...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    07-23-2012 08:42 AM
    Using Nova with beautiful Widgets super clock and Goweather live wallpaper
    Click to view quoted image

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Have you tried Firefox beta? I'm loving it.
    07-23-2012 03:28 PM
113 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD