NOVA or Apex Laucher vs TouchWiz - Please Help

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have used apex, tho its almost identical to nova, it has crashed in me a couple of times.

I also tried go launcher, it has the most eye candy features and it's free too but the problem was it was draining my battery faster.

I'm now in the free nova, still testing it against touch wiz. I have nothing against touchwiz tho. I would happily use it. If all goes well with nova I might get THE Paid version.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

npo

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Question... what's the benefit of granting Nova Launcher root privileges? I loaded the free version, & definitely like it better than Touchwiz -- more apps in the dock + scrolling dock open up a ton of real estate, for one thing. I didn't grant it root though, so I wonder what features I'm missing.

& FWIW, Nova seemed smoother than Apex in the small amt of time I played with both on my GS3. Didn't spend enough time to know whether that could be changed with other settings, though.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Question... what's the benefit of granting Nova Launcher root privileges? I loaded the free version, & definitely like it better than Touchwiz -- more apps in the dock + scrolling dock open up a ton of real estate, for one thing. I didn't grant it root though, so I wonder what features I'm missing.

& FWIW, Nova seemed smoother than Apex in the small amt of time I played with both on my GS3. Didn't spend enough time to know whether that could be changed with other settings, though.

I believe root is just to get widgets in the drawer.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I get random freezes with apps like Instagram and Seesmic when I use Apex. I switched back to TouchWiz this morning and haven't had 1 issue at all.

The only gripe I have with TouchWiz is that you can't set it to 'run' with NFC tags, meaning if I want it to kick to my homescreen when I touch my phone to a tag it won't unless I use Apex and Nova :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I just found out you can quick-swipe to other screens by sliding across the Page indicator. That's pretty nifty :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I paid for Apex but then found there was a delay in my wallpaper keeping up with my screens. I now purchased Nova and it doesn't have the problem at all. Luckily I don't mind having two paid launchers on my phone... ;)

Tony Fong

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I wld leave touchwiz out as it's not so,customizable as others launcher.
if u prefer free version, I wld suggest apex over nova. but I got the paid version "nova". paid version nova is much stabil and friendlier to set up. particularly in setting up tab/folder in drawer.
gesture itself is better in nova. after few weeks of trying out...paid version is the answer for me.
another launcher I tried - go launcher. recently version 3.1.1 hv fee implementation and improvement. worth trying-free. but I find that it's bit heavy in using resources(ram/battery) and advertisement.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried both and ended up paying for Nova. I just like the interface a little better. I am not rooted so Apex was a little more trouble and wouldn't let me put widgets on my home screens without root. Nova seems a little easier to mess with too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Putting widgets on with apex is easy as the old stock touchwiz. You just hold your finger on the home screen you want, pop up menu select add the widget and then pick your widget from the list. I actually find this easier than the drag and drop method

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would like to have a launcher that combines that best of both Apex and Nova. I hate having to prioritize my favorite features... ;)

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to make nova launcher's widget view look like the one from apex?

Edit: nevermind, just found it... :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Putting widgets on with apex is easy as the old stock touchwiz. You just hold your finger on the home screen you want, pop up menu select add the widget and then pick your widget from the list. I actually find this easie drag and drop method
I tried putting the galaxy clock widget up, but says screen has no room. I have a blank screen too.

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Using Nova with beautiful Widgets super clock and Goweather live wallpaper
9587936c-2624-507d.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

primetime34

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to decide between these two myself. I have used go launcher in the past but have heard that it collects personal data (is that true?) I'm still not sure yet...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae