So I'm in love with my new phone. I have had no serious issues except...

During my first long-ish phone call I hung up on the other person 3 times...and I think it's because my cheek touched the screen.

Help! Is there some setting that I haven't enabled / disabled / configured to prevent this from happening? Is there some workaround for people like me?

I may be new to the forums but I think I am smart enough to figure out how to dial and talk on this new gadget.

PS not sure if it matters but my only other smartphone was the original DInc and although it had plenty of issues this wasn't one of them.
    07-14-2012 12:32 PM
    The sensor should turn the screen off. Try doing a test call to a phone in your house and put your had over the ear piece to see it the screen shuts off.

Also during the call are you pulling the earpiece away for your ear at all? Screen could cut on real fast and your cheek hit it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-14-2012 12:46 PM
    I downloaded an app and checked the proximity sensor.

It's working but perhaps I'm just not used to it being so quick to activate the screen.
    Right now my workaround has been to download the free app Don't Hang Up! Which puts a screen "guard" in place. You can mute, dial, etc after double clicking the "guard".

Works for me now but I wish I didn't need it.

Any other thoughts / suggest?
    07-14-2012 02:38 PM
    When calling don't be afraid to just stick it to your face. My wife hangs up on people all the time because she puts the speaker to her ear and then holds the phone at a slight angle so the screen turns on and off. Trick is to keep the screen off by not pulling the phone away.
    07-14-2012 03:46 PM
    The proximity sensor is at the top so as long as you have the speaker to your ear it should be activated and keeping the screen off.

The problem I've had a few times is on speakerphone I go to press a key or something and it senses my hand and turns off the screen right before I press it! I guess I have to come in at a more discreet angle.
    07-14-2012 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD