Download automatically to External SD Card

Worlds2See

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I looked around and I know I'm probably overlooking something incredibly basic.

How can I default my downloads (from the Internet, email, etc.) to go to my external SD card?

Thanks,
Katherine

GooshieStarLine

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If you're in the stock browser, press the menu button, go to settings, advanced then default storage and pick memory card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Adeeen

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
i am using my samsung galaxy y duos i am downloading software friom google play and its download to phone memory not on sd card ho to chng it

bashley#AC

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you're in the stock browser, press the menu button, go to settings, advanced then default storage and pick memory card.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

This downloads to the INTERNAL memory -- /sdcard0. What's needed is the ability to download automatically to the EXTERNAL sdcard, which is not available from that screen. Somebody at another website suggested that there was an area called My Files -- "On your android tablet or phone, tap the app drawer icon from the home screen." wherein you could select the external sd card with the 'select home directory' option. I have nothing that could possibly be construed as an "app drawer icon" and the guy seems to also think that /storage/sdcard0 is the external sd card.

The operative word here is EXTERNAL, which is not the same as sdcard0. Help still needed!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
This downloads to the INTERNAL memory -- /sdcard0. What's needed is the ability to download automatically to the EXTERNAL sdcard, which is not available from that screen. Somebody at another website suggested that there was an area called My Files -- "On your android tablet or phone, tap the app drawer icon from the home screen." wherein you could select the external sd card with the 'select home directory' option. I have nothing that could possibly be construed as an "app drawer icon" and the guy seems to also think that /storage/sdcard0 is the external sd card.

The operative word here is EXTERNAL, which is not the same as sdcard0. Help still needed!

If your phone is rooted, there is an Xposed module that let's you download directly to the SD card. I don't know of any other workaround

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
This downloads to the INTERNAL memory -- /sdcard0.
Not on my phone it doesn't - just downloaded a random picture using the stock browser (the one named 'Internet') and it put it on the SD card
e3uzapup.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20