I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the s3. I'm curious about one thing though.

I've read a few reviews that say the display is too dark...and very hard to see outside. I spend a lot of my workday outside, so I'm curious what you all think?
    07-15-2012 01:43 AM
    The Evolte has a very bright screen and is pleasantly easy to use outdoors. I know it's not the S3 that you were asking about but thought I'd just let you know since you said you spend a majority of your workdays outdoors.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    07-15-2012 01:49 AM
    Mine is dim outside but I have it on auto.

Sent from my galaxy S III
    07-15-2012 01:52 AM
    Outside is fine. I was worried as well. I first bought the HTC one X because of a couple reasons. Returned it and now been on the SG3 for a couple weeks. Buy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-16-2012 12:25 AM
    The screen is fine...!
    07-16-2012 12:49 AM
    No way!!! Returned to may BB because there was no way of reading the display outside with a little sun shining. Yes display was full light set. You can't even see the button to take the call and so on. We live in 2012 and they have 4 cores but no displays you can read in sunlight. Such a shame!!
    07-16-2012 04:07 AM
    blind much?
    07-16-2012 04:37 AM
    I had the evo and returned it for the s3. If.your outdoors most of the time, I would get the evo hands down. It's screen was easier to read outdoors.
    07-16-2012 04:53 AM
    Well, considering this isn't the Sprint section, I'm not going to assume that the Evo is an option for you. Although I will say that I am on Sprint and I had the same concern in deciding to get the Evo LTE or Galaxy SIII. After some intense research I finally decided that the Galaxy SIII was the phone that best suited my needs. As for the screen on the SIII, I've been VERY pleasantly surprised. Yes, the Evo screen is likely better, but that doesn't mean the SIII screen is bad. I did have to turn off automatic brightness and download a third party brightness toggle for my home screen. There hasn't been one moment outside that I haven't been able to see my phone and the screen watching a HD clip is stunning.

Hope that helps....
    07-16-2012 06:37 AM
    "Returned to bbm" LOL. Don't know how the evo got into the conversation, cause you weren't asking about that. But whatever. The screen is fine. If you leave your screen on auto brightness and go into DIRECT sunlight, not just outside DIRECT sunlight. You may have a problem seeing. Therefore if you have to be in DIRECT sunlight for most of your day don't use auto brightness, and just leave to phone on a higher brightness setting and all is excellent.
    07-16-2012 06:49 AM
    Coming from the HTC One X... I can tell you is frustrating trying to read something outdoors... but again... that's because I had the One X which in terms of display is the best device out there. But if you bypass it and buy the GS3.. you'll b fine... just make sure you crank the brightness all the way up

07-16-2012 07:07 AM
    Honestly, it is difficult to read outdoors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-16-2012 07:31 AM
    Just get a screen protector - problem solved.

07-16-2012 07:34 AM
    Screen brightness is a BIG disappointment on the GS 3. I have to keep it on max to enjoy it even indoors and forget about auto, it's useless and makes using apps and games impossible because it continuously dims the display. Outdoors if you wear sunglasses forget about seeing anything on the display. I'm constantly having to take my glasses off to do anything.

That is really my only gripe with this phone but unfortunately it's a big one.
    locote25 likes this.
    07-16-2012 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD