New S3 user here after many years with a BB. I feel like a complete newbie, but I am slowly figuring this new OS out!
    I have searched but cannot find what the best size for homescreen wallpaper is (in portrait).
    I have tried all sizes but I cannot find the right formula to where the picture does not get blown up or cut off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    07-15-2012 11:28 AM
    I'm guessing it would be around 720*1280 (not 1280*720).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    tsells likes this.
    07-15-2012 11:31 AM
    I'm guessing it would be around 720*1280 (not 1280*720).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks, that worked.
    I feel like a complete "newbie", as I was trying 1280 X 720.
    Now to figure out everything else!
    07-15-2012 12:14 PM
    Thanks, that worked.
    From one newb to another, looks like things are working themselves out. Good luck.
    07-15-2012 01:10 PM
    From one newb to another, looks like things are working themselves out. Good luck.
    Thanks for the encouragement the other day. I hated this phone the first day, was doing better the second day, and I finally can see that this is going to be a good phone for me.
    I now see why everyone likes this device so much (but it's a lot different than the BB OS, especially when I have never used an Android product before).
    I never thought I would say this but I might not be back to BB (unless they actually do pull off this whole BB10 extravaganza, but I do not have too much faith in that!)
    07-15-2012 01:21 PM
    Awesome. Glad to help. BB10 better not default to being too risk averse and deliver a product that only takes it 50% farther than is possible.
    tsells likes this.
    07-15-2012 01:36 PM
    welcome to the world of Android m8 :-) you wont regret it
    tsells likes this.
    07-15-2012 02:21 PM
    New S3 user here after many years with a BB. I feel like a complete newbie, but I am slowly figuring this new OS out!
    I have searched but cannot find what the best size for homescreen wallpaper is (in portrait).
    I have tried all sizes but I cannot find the right formula to where the picture does not get blown up or cut off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm feeling your pain.....
    07-15-2012 08:56 PM
    Thanks, that worked.
    Can you help me out? I can not get but a small square box to move around to select. I created some wallpapers that look great on the screen but when I go to set as wallpaper, all I get is that small square.
    07-17-2012 08:38 AM
    Can you help me out? I can not get but a small square box to move around to select. I created some wallpapers that look great on the screen but when I go to set as wallpaper, all I get is that small square.
    For some reason the standard wallpaper crop does that.
    Try using an app like QuickPic.
    07-17-2012 08:42 AM
    http://euphoricarythmia.com/showthread.php?t=31291

Try this forum... it list some wallpapers. I'm currently using those....I long press on the photo then set as wallpaper....no cropping to do. So far the set as wallpaper feature is only in the stock browser, it doesn't work on chrome. I only use the stock browser for the wallpaper

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~
    07-17-2012 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD