Galaxy S3 International-No 3G or 4G on T-Mobile

peppermintman

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I keep going to try and figure out how to make this work. So far lots of suggestions but no help. I even went to Samsung UK and nothing there too. How the heck I get this phone to work on 3G or 4G networks using T-Mobile??? This is such a nice phone and think that what's it's capable of doing should be using faster network speeds. Not just the Echo.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
...u wont get 4g on the international but u can get 3g. have u accidently set it to only use 2g? or maybe there isnt a 3g signal where you live?

b0bbert

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I keep going to try and figure out how to make this work. So far lots of suggestions but no help. I even went to Samsung UK and nothing there too. How the heck I get this phone to work on 3G or 4G networks using T-Mobile??? This is such a nice phone and think that what's it's capable of doing should be using faster network speeds. Not just the Echo.

Are you in the UK?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mousr

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
funkylogik,

I am using an international GS3 but, I am unable to get past the EDGE speeds. You mentioned that it could have accidentally be set on 2G.

I believe I have looked through all the settings and I am unable to find any which allows me to set the speeds.

Can you tell me where I may find these settings?

Thanks.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hmm.. not sure m8 lol. its an android setting but cant seem to find it on touchwiz sorry (this is my 1st samsung)
so are u using tmobile uk or us network?

mousr

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how that is relevant.

The SIM was in a Blackberry Bold with 3G speeds. Now, The TM tech cut it for me. Now, it's in the s3 and can't get more than EDGE.

The T-Mobile feqs are 850|1700|2100 for 4G in the US.

peppermintman

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
...u wont get 4g on the international but u can get 3g. have u accidently set it to only use 2g? or maybe there isnt a 3g signal where you live?
Out here in the "Inland Empire" there's both 3G and 4G networks available. If I were to get 3G I'd be happy enough. Just the "E" displayed. Here it ain't so bad for signals but it's not Orange County or Los Angeles. So I'm still looking on the bright side.
I showed up at work last week with the phone and an associate of mine wiped out his ATT model. He was surprised to an International S3, in fact he was talking lots of Sh_t about his. He didn't kow about the difference between the USA models and the International models and I of couse responded, "What ever." Hahahaha it was a good day. Anyway the S3 International is still new and I'm willing to give it more time as I know there's lots people out here looking to better their S2's. Anyways I will check in and try to keep cool here in the lower desert :D

peppermintman

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking like crazy too. I just can't seem to find out how to do that either. Maybe one of the other members can say where to look because I'm still stuck :(

peppermintman

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile USA m8 :D only time I used m8 was when I was travelling in Cambodia. Lots of m8's doing lots of crazy work there.
Why here is the US we got the dual and there you guys get the quad?????

clintcone

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile USA m8
Why here is the US we got the dual and there you guys get the quad?????

I'm not certain, but I believe it is all about the 4G/LTE capability. I think the Snapdragon S4 (dual core SOC in the US version) supports it, but the quad core Exynos in the international would require an external chip to provide the capability.

Could be wrong about the specifics, but I'm certain it revolved around getting 4G/LTE support. It's the same reason for the international version having no hardware support for 4G/LTE.

bubba