So my mic seems to be cutting out randomly in the middle of calls on my verizon s3. My wife just got the same phone as well and the same thing is happening to her.

I think I've really only noticed it when I've been talking to her since she got the s3, as I spent a couple of hours on the phone with my brother yesterday and he never mentioned that my mic cut out mid sentence.

I did some light googling and I've seen a couple of threads elsewhere about some s3s having an issue with not being able to hear the other user for a second or so randomly. I suppose this could be what's happening since my wife and I have only noticed it while talking to each other since we got the s3s.

Supposedly there's an ota that can fix this, but I'm suspicious that it might be included in the same ota that kills the universal search from the Google search bar.

Has anyone else had this issue and gotten it resolved? If my only resort is to install the ota, is there any way to retain my universal search at the same time?

Thanks

Frank
    07-15-2012 11:25 PM
    I had this happen a few times, searched a bit and saw it was a major issue with other Samsung model, nexus maybe. Tried a few things, have only had it happen once since. open the phone app, as if calling someone. Click menu & call settings. In there I disabled "voice privacy" and then in the "additional settings" I disabled "noise reduction". I never had the issue via speaker phone or bluetooth. Also, I checked any motion stuff for muting, and it was all disabled.
    07-16-2012 10:53 AM
    This is happening to my mom's S3 as well. It happens a LOT to her though, I'm talking almost every call longer than 5-10 min. We've had a warranty replacement once, but the phone she got has the same problem. I'm kind of inclined to think it's a hardware issue, because every time it cuts out on her (when I'm on the phone with her), I hear buzzing or rustling, like something is rubbing the mic. Perhaps, the mic is loose inside the phone? Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone solved it?
    03-01-2013 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD