If you ever want to drain your battery 1% per minute, use this program. I guess anyone who drives has a car charger anyways, but I borrowed a car and used navigation and it drained soooo fast.
    Anyone else?
    07-16-2012 08:42 AM
    That has always drained the battery fast in my previous phones

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    07-16-2012 09:10 AM
    Yeah it's nonstop screen on, GPS, data download, etc.

When I have used the Navigation of Google Maps I plug it into my car's USB port to charge...the battery still drops as it's using more energy than it's gaining from the USB charge!
    07-16-2012 09:11 AM
    I'm using the Infuse dock and even with GPS my phone charges faster than it uses battery... Go figure. That said, I would never use navigation without the phone being plugged in. Even when I have to rent a car I pack my car dock and charging cable.
    07-16-2012 09:14 AM
    Yikes, Talk about a super powerful GPS machine. Uses more juice than the car charger. lol
    It sure is pretty but I guess we should stick to conventional GPS devices
    07-16-2012 09:17 AM
    If your charger can't keep up, that's not the device's fault. Most gadgets today require at least 1A to feed their hungry batteries (tablets need 2A). If your charger is putting out just .5A (as most used to), it'll never keep up if you're using the device, and will take forever to charge.
    07-16-2012 09:24 AM
    It goes without saying that you should have it charging if you are using GPS and/or streaming music to it like I do. It does get hot as well! I just used the GPS feature this past weekend and it worked FLAWLESSLY!! LOVE IT!!
    07-16-2012 09:35 AM
    Look on the bright side... it worked right
    07-16-2012 09:42 AM
    I just used navigation this weekend as well. It worked quite well, and I was glad that it would keep saying the directions even with the screen off. I did certainly notice that battery drain though. Even with my screen off, I had lost around 20 percent battery on a short drive. Hopefully in the future they can make it a little less of a drain, still a very nice feature!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3, please excuse my brevity.
    07-16-2012 10:38 AM
    I think this is pretty standard across phones.

My main problem was the nav voice was too low compared to the music playing. Either I turn up the music to a deafening level so the voice is audible, or I play music at a normal level and I can barely hear the voice.

I ended up just stopping the music. There doesn't seem to be an individual control for the nav volume.
    07-16-2012 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD