Is that a screen shot in your pocket or you just glad to see me?

CarlGalgano

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Had anyone else had a problem with the SIII taking screen shots in your pocket? I have an ATT version and have noticed that if the device is in my pocket, and I get either a call or text that wakes the screen up..... I hear the camera sound going off and I get a bunch of screen shots. Anyone know a way to prevent this?

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that wakes my screen is a phone call.... and I haven't experienced that yet....

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

zbStylez

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is that a screen shot in your pocket or you just glad to see

turn your phone outwards, so the screen isn't facing your thigh, and the back is. Your jeans (or equivalent) do not have the ability to unlock your phone

Bats

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Not in pocket but i did wipe the screen across my pants to remove some smudges and accidentally took a screen shot.

zbStylez

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Not in pocket but i did wipe the screen across my pants to remove some smudges and accidentally took a screen shot.

Yeah, that tends to happen because I am not sure but it has something to do with thermal touches, so your thigh probably activated it. just turn your phone outwards and you shouldnt have that problem

Dilrod

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Had anyone else had a problem with the SIII taking screen shots in your pocket? I have an ATT version and have noticed that if the device is in my pocket, and I get either a call or text that wakes the screen up..... I hear the camera sound going off and I get a bunch of screen shots. Anyone know a way to prevent this?

haha.. yes. I took 4 screen shots in the last 24 hours. I heard it make a noise and was like wtf?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

think its electrical conductance or something + not heat. i noticed if u bend say a headphone or charger cable, you can control the touchscreen with it (dont ask how i noticed lol)

anon(430792)

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Not sure if you noticed this, but there a setting to take a screenshot when you rub your palm against the phone twice. That's probably what's taking the screenshots. So you could turn that setting off if that's an option. Its under motion in settings (on the VZW version at least).

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if you noticed this, but there a setting to take a screenshot when you rub your palm against the phone twice. That's probably what's taking the screenshots. So you could turn that setting off if that's an option. Its under motion in settings (on the VZW version at least).

That's what I was going to suggest. I find pressing home+power for screenshots much more reliable. Sometimes I have to run my hand across the screen multiple times to get it to work...waste of time. I disabled that motion and most of the others!

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site

funkylogik has it right. I won't be getting my GS3 until Aug 1 but I have had similar things happen with other capacitive touchscreen devices. I was mowing once with headphones hooked to my Palm Pre in my front pocket (listening to AMPed new music weekly podcast) and all of a sudden heard the unmistakable sound of the key on the dial pad being pressed. Not only had the screen activated when a tweet came in, but the thin material of my pocket allowed the movement of the phone across my leg as I walked to slide-unlock the phone and open about 18 apps, the last of which was the dial pad.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

i suppose using a different lockscreen could cure it.. it hasnt happend to me (yet) using a Go Locker lock screen. i really like the side-of-hand-swipe to take screenshot but as others have said, that can be disabled in motion settings :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

....does anyone know how to disable the Home button from switching on lockscreen btw? that would also help

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hehe. Title was pretty funny, very creative. Lol. But yeah the easiest way is to stop wearing those skinny jeans :p jk. Everyone's said it though you can easily turn this feature off and just hold the home and power button for a second or two and voila. Screen capture

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon