Great battery improvement

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently disabled s- voice on this thing, and my battery life has improved drastically. I never even really used s- voice, but I guess the services in the background still caused an intense drain. I just know that my battery life has gone up by a huge amount with that disabled. Has anyone else seen this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3, please excuse my brevity.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently disabled s- voice on this thing, and my battery life has improved drastically. I never even really used s- voice, but I guess the services in the background still caused an intense drain. I just know that my battery life has gone up by a huge amount with that disabled. Has anyone else seen this?

I wonder if restricting background data in background In settings would have the same effect

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,I just disabled mine as well.
I would like to use it but it doesn't work that great

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have S-Voice and Gestures turned off. Both are too gimmicky and are probably using up battery and system resources waiting for something to happen. I did leave the screen shot gesture on for the hell of it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm intrigued by this... Might have to try since I don't use s voice. Wouldn't mind a battery boost :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Probably something simple I am missing but after executing --

Settings > Application Manager (all) > S Voice > Disable.

How do you re-enable it? I go back into Application Manager after disabling it and S Voice no longer shows up (I did check under "All").

Dave

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

How do you re-enable it? I go back into Application Manager after disabling it and S Voice no longer shows up (I did check under "All").

Dave

Good question I would like to no b4 I disable it

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Dave

Strange. I'd like the answer to this as well

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
It's down at the bottom of the list. :)

Edit: Damn, you guys are fast....

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Something else I've noticed is that you can use this "Disable" feature to get rid of the Cell Carrier bloatware as well! You may need to Uninstall Updates first...

Reactions: lv2bsilly

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I really am loving this new battery life. I pulled it off the charger at 8:00 this morning, and it's now 8 at night. 52 percent battery life left, and I used it a fair amount today (youtube streaming on my Samsung tv, Web browsing, messaging, and in a crappy service area too. Really not too bad, I recommend giving it a try. As others have said, disable is useful for a lot of things, I've gotten rid of almost all boat ware from both carrier and samsung. I also have most gestures turned off, as most of them are gimmicky too. Hope you guys get as much of an improvement as I have!