03-23-2013 05:08 PM
99 1234
tools
    wow, i disabled it, and i can DEFINITELY see a difference!!
    07-17-2012 12:00 AM
    nope. not until u re-able them
    Thanks! So many things I want to disable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-17-2012 12:01 AM
    I'm not sure anyone has explained how to disable the bloatware?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    07-17-2012 05:51 AM
    same way but you need to uninstall any updates that you have done first for the bloatware. Then you can disable them.
    07-17-2012 06:02 AM
    same way but you need to uninstall any updates that you have done first for the bloatware. Then you can disable them.
    Hmm. I'm brand new to the Android scene so I'm not even sure which are bloatware or even how to Uninstall any updates. I'll do my research. Thanks

07-17-2012 06:10 AM
    Hmm. I'm brand new to the Android scene so I'm not even sure which are bloatware or even how to Uninstall any updates. I'll do my research. Thanks

Ok figure out how to stop the updates. Now I just have to figure how which are bloatware. I'm hesitant to disable something that shouldn't be

07-17-2012 06:12 AM
    Ok figure out how to stop the updates. Now I just have to figure how which are bloatware. I'm hesitant to disable something that shouldn't be

Any app that you don't think you'll ever use is bloatware. For me, even the Voice Mail app is bloat.
    07-17-2012 08:21 AM
    You know I never even saw the VM app.
    The Tangman likes this.
    07-17-2012 08:22 AM

Basically anything Verizon and apps that come pre installed that you don't want. Like Color, Kindle...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    07-17-2012 08:23 AM
    Here are some apps that I want to disable but worried it may hurt proformance. Take a look. The ones with the Android icon.

07-17-2012 08:25 AM
    You know I never even saw the VM app.
    Some apps are carrier-specific.
    07-17-2012 08:27 AM
    dont disable any android/google apps. i remember i uninstalled one by mistake on a rooted phone + it stopped the playstore etc from workin. u cant really do much harm by just disabling apps but basicly only disable ones that u can see in ur app drawer but dont use (bloatware)
    07-17-2012 08:33 AM
    Thanks for this tip guys. It helps battery for sure.

I also disabled a few more while I was at it.. Like sprint connection optimizer and all share since I won't use em

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-17-2012 08:42 AM
    dont disable any android/google apps. i remember i uninstalled one by mistake on a rooted phone + it stopped the playstore etc from workin. u cant really do much harm by just disabling apps but basicly only disable ones that u can see in ur app drawer but dont use (bloatware)
    Ok thanks for the heads up

07-17-2012 08:44 AM
    no problem man
    07-17-2012 08:51 AM
    Any app that you don't think you'll ever use is bloatware. For me, even the Voice Mail app is bloat.

What is the voice mail app? Seems like a stupid question, but I have never seen a VM app before and always had VM functionality on my phones!
    07-17-2012 08:52 AM
    maybe its a visual voicemail app like Hullomail? my s3 doesnt have it
    07-17-2012 08:57 AM
    Here are some apps that I want to disable but worried it may hurt proformance. Take a look. The ones with the Android icon.

Don't disable those. When we're talking about bloatware, we mean in your app listing, not all the services and stuff. For example, open up the app tray. If you click and hold any of those apps, drag them to the "app info" area on the bottom. It will tell you about the app, and give you the option to disable. Some apps (bloatware, or any preinstalled app) will require that you uninstall updates first, but that option is in the same place i just told you. I'd say as long as you're just dragging the actual apps like that, you probably won't disable any important service. If you do find something not working right, simply re-enable whatever you last disabled to make it work again. Shouldn't run into any problems. I got rid of almost all the google and samsung apps this way, because I don't use a lot of them. I did keep the important ones for me though.
    07-17-2012 12:06 PM
    Cool I'm giving it a try now. I will never use s voice. Hell, I never used siri when I had my 4s and siri is pretty flawless
    07-17-2012 12:13 PM
    I turned on Power Saving and checked only CPU power and background and I've seen a BIG improvement in battery life with no lag or issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Issemann likes this.
    07-17-2012 12:14 PM
    I thought this was common knowledge, that is the first thing I did when I got my phone. ICS introduced this feature. Below is what I have disabled.

1. All share controller
    2. All share play
    3. All share Service
    4. Backup Assistant Plus (Verizon)
    5. Apps (Verizon)
    6. S suggest
    7. Facebook
    8. Amazon Kindle
    9. Color
    10. My Verizon Mobile
    11. V Cast Tones
    12. VZ Navigator
    13.Yahoo Finance
    14. Yahoo News
    15. Media Hub (Samsung) ****I will stick with the "Play Store".
    Issemann likes this.
    07-17-2012 12:36 PM
    I've disabled....

zer0null likes this.
    07-17-2012 12:41 PM
    Don't disable those. When we're talking about bloatware, we mean in your app listing, not all the services and stuff. For example, open up the app tray. If you click and hold any of those apps, drag them to the "app info" area on the bottom. It will tell you about the app, and give you the option to disable. Some apps (bloatware, or any preinstalled app) will require that you uninstall updates first, but that option is in the same place i just told you. I'd say as long as you're just dragging the actual apps like that, you probably won't disable any important service. If you do find something not working right, simply re-enable whatever you last disabled to make it work again. Shouldn't run into any problems. I got rid of almost all the google and samsung apps this way, because I don't use a lot of them. I did keep the important ones for me though.
    Good tip. Thanks

Zulu Warrior likes this.
    07-17-2012 12:48 PM
    I've disabled....

Great selection.

07-17-2012 01:38 PM
    Great selection.

thanks. Def open to more suggestions without totally disabling the "coolness" of this device

07-17-2012 01:47 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD