Great battery improvement

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Something else I've noticed is that you can use this "Disable" feature to get rid of the Cell Carrier bloatware as well! You may need to Uninstall Updates first...

How exactly do you get rid of the. Bloatware? Which ones are you disabling?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I recently disabled s- voice on this thing, and my battery life has improved drastically. I never even really used s- voice, but I guess the services in the background still caused an intense drain. I just know that my battery life has gone up by a huge amount with that disabled. Has anyone else seen this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3, please excuse my brevity.

I noticed the same thing. Man that S-Voice is a battery hog. I would bet that my battery usage doubled

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I recently disabled s- voice on this thing, and my battery life has improved drastically. I never even really used s- voice, but I guess the services in the background still caused an intense drain. I just know that my battery life has gone up by a huge amount with that disabled. Has anyone else seen this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3, please excuse my brevity.

great tip m8 cheers. il try it. bein Scottish, ive never even tried svoice lol it would NEVER understand me :)

Reactions: robrecht

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure anyone has explained how to disable the bloatware?

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
same way but you need to uninstall any updates that you have done first for the bloatware. Then you can disable them.

Hmm. I'm brand new to the Android scene so I'm not even sure which are bloatware or even how to Uninstall any updates. I'll do my research. Thanks

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I'm brand new to the Android scene so I'm not even sure which are bloatware or even how to Uninstall any updates. I'll do my research. Thanks

Ok figure out how to stop the updates. Now I just have to figure how which are bloatware. I'm hesitant to disable something that shouldn't be

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok figure out how to stop the updates. Now I just have to figure how which are bloatware. I'm hesitant to disable something that shouldn't be

Any app that you don't think you'll ever use is bloatware. For me, even the Voice Mail app is bloat.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Basically anything Verizon and apps that come pre installed that you don't want. Like Color, Kindle...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Here are some apps that I want to disable but worried it may hurt proformance. Take a look. The ones with the Android icon.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
dont disable any android/google apps. i remember i uninstalled one by mistake on a rooted phone + it stopped the playstore etc from workin. u cant really do much harm by just disabling apps but basicly only disable ones that u can see in ur app drawer but dont use (bloatware) :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this tip guys. It helps battery for sure.

I also disabled a few more while I was at it.. Like sprint connection optimizer and all share since I won't use em :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
dont disable any android/google apps. i remember i uninstalled one by mistake on a rooted phone + it stopped the playstore etc from workin. u cant really do much harm by just disabling apps but basicly only disable ones that u can see in ur app drawer but dont use (bloatware) :)

Ok thanks for the heads up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084