Great battery improvement

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Here are some apps that I want to disable but worried it may hurt proformance. Take a look. The ones with the Android icon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Don't disable those. When we're talking about bloatware, we mean in your app listing, not all the services and stuff. For example, open up the app tray. If you click and hold any of those apps, drag them to the "app info" area on the bottom. It will tell you about the app, and give you the option to disable. Some apps (bloatware, or any preinstalled app) will require that you uninstall updates first, but that option is in the same place i just told you. I'd say as long as you're just dragging the actual apps like that, you probably won't disable any important service. If you do find something not working right, simply re-enable whatever you last disabled to make it work again. Shouldn't run into any problems. I got rid of almost all the google and samsung apps this way, because I don't use a lot of them. I did keep the important ones for me though. :D

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I turned on Power Saving and checked only CPU power and background and I've seen a BIG improvement in battery life with no lag or issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Issemann

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought this was common knowledge, that is the first thing I did when I got my phone. ICS introduced this feature. Below is what I have disabled.

1. All share controller
2. All share play
3. All share Service
4. Backup Assistant Plus (Verizon)
5. Apps (Verizon)
6. S suggest
7. Facebook
8. Amazon Kindle
9. Color
10. My Verizon Mobile
11. V Cast Tones
12. VZ Navigator
13.Yahoo Finance
14. Yahoo News
15. Media Hub (Samsung) ****I will stick with the "Play Store".

Reactions: Issemann

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't disable those. When we're talking about bloatware, we mean in your app listing, not all the services and stuff. For example, open up the app tray. If you click and hold any of those apps, drag them to the "app info" area on the bottom. It will tell you about the app, and give you the option to disable. Some apps (bloatware, or any preinstalled app) will require that you uninstall updates first, but that option is in the same place i just told you. I'd say as long as you're just dragging the actual apps like that, you probably won't disable any important service. If you do find something not working right, simply re-enable whatever you last disabled to make it work again. Shouldn't run into any problems. I got rid of almost all the google and samsung apps this way, because I don't use a lot of them. I did keep the important ones for me though. :D

Good tip. Thanks

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I disabled S Voice and a ton of other bloatware apps and over a few hours now I still don't really see any difference, anyone else? I've rebooted right after as well just to make sure everything that was open is no longer running. I may need to give it more time though, or maybe it could be that at my office since we only have HSPA+ boosters and not LTE yet in the building that it's still trying repeatedly to look for LTE. I'll report back more over time. Thanks for the tip btw!

Rev.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I disabled S Voice and a ton of other bloatware apps and over a few hours now I still don't really see any difference, anyone else? I've rebooted right after as well just to make sure everything that was open is no longer running. I may need to give it more time though, or maybe it could be that at my office since we only have HSPA+ boosters and not LTE yet in the building that it's still trying repeatedly to look for LTE. I'll report back more over time. Thanks for the tip btw!

Rev.

It's really hard to see the difference cause there are too many variables. Signal, usage etc

Zulu Warrior

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

Rev.

I agree that it's too hard to see the difference here, because of all the variables. I noticed mine after a day or two. I just slowly realized at the same time of the day as before I had a much higher battery percentage. And it's now consistently much better than it was before disabling all that stuff. Hopefully with time, you'll see some gains.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Probably something simple I am missing but after executing --

Settings > Application Manager (all) > S Voice > Disable.

How do you re-enable it? I go back into Application Manager after disabling it and S Voice no longer shows up (I did check under "All").

Dave

Disabled apps are at the bottom of the apps list.

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped Galaxy Nexus

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought this was common knowledge, that is the first thing I did when I got my phone. ICS introduced this feature. Below is what I have disabled.

1. All share controller
2. All share play
3. All share Service
4. Backup Assistant Plus (Verizon)
5. Apps (Verizon)
6. S suggest
7. Facebook
8. Amazon Kindle
9. Color
10. My Verizon Mobile
11. V Cast Tones
12. VZ Navigator
13.Yahoo Finance
14. Yahoo News
15. Media Hub (Samsung) ****I will stick with the "Play Store".
Facebook?! :eek:

I basically have the same disable list as you sans FB and the All Share stuff (I own a Samsung TV and alot of family/friends picked up the S3)

armixia

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I disabled S-Voice and after 1 day of testing on my train commute I went from 99%-->92% rather than 88%.

I take a 30min train ride every morning and on the AT&T network, I have little to no signal for about 10% of the ride. Everyday I do the same thing in the morning, read flipboard articles until I get to Penn Station while also using the stock media player to play music.

Almost every day I have anywhere between 85-88% and am pleased to report today I had 92% after doing the same thing. I wanted to test this method so I loaded a few more articles than I would have on any other given day.

Reactions: Zulu Warrior

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I disabled S-Voice and after 1 day of testing on my train commute I went from 99%-->92% rather than 88%.

I take a 30min train ride every morning and on the AT&T network, I have little to no signal for about 10% of the ride. Everyday I do the same thing in the morning, read flipboard articles until I get to Penn Station while also using the stock media player to play music.

Almost every day I have anywhere between 85-88% and am pleased to report today I had 92% after doing the same thing. I wanted to test this method so I loaded a few more articles than I would have on any other given day.

Sweet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae