I pre-ordered the S3 on June 15th. I did this because I have had the unlimited plan for a couple years and heard the only way to keep the plan in place is to pre-order the phone. Other option was to pay full price for the phone (which I did for my Bionic) which I wasn't crazy about. On July 10th I received an email from Verizon that said the phone was shipping in the next couple of days. Hadn't seen anything last week but then receive an email this morning that said the order was cancelled. Took this info to a Verizon store this morning and they said there was an issue with the CC. It is a corporate card that has a significant line of credit so that should not have been an issue. The only thing I can think of is the card had been recently hacked and was used to buy plane tickets in Australia (I'm in the states) so Chase bank may have been spooked when they had seen this charge. Would have been nice to get a heads-up from Verizon regarding the CC issue. As it stands Verizon will not grandfather me into my old plan unless I pay the full price for the phone. Already bought the case and holster a week ago. Nice customer service Verizon!
    07-16-2012 01:58 PM
    I think a few people have been able to get that fixed. I think it depends on the rep and their manager. Try calling, but will probably have to fight them a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    07-16-2012 03:05 PM
    only a fool would stay with Verizon
    07-16-2012 03:19 PM
    Not a fool - but one that likes the 4G coverage.....
    zack7687 and jrgonz454 like this.
    07-16-2012 04:16 PM
    Not a fool, someone who wants to keep truly unlimited data. I'm on a family plan and paying my portion at $55 per month for unlimited data, unlimited texts, and sharing 2000 minutes (when fewer than 1000 are used). This makes me a fool for staying?

@$$h01e
    07-16-2012 05:02 PM
    And all the other US Telcos are extremely compassionate and caring about their customers, right? I know this bridge you may be interested in...
    liteon163 likes this.
    07-16-2012 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD