Weather using current location reads incorrect

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My boyfriend and I both have the GS3. There seems to be an issue with his GPS and stock weather app. We live in the New Orleans area but bought the devices in another city about 5 miles away. His stock weather app will start by showing the current location as New Orleans, then change to Gretna. Only after clicking the app settings and going through the current location option again.

Mine holds on to the current location as New Orleans. His maps and GPS location always display correctly. And now, he uses Beweather which also shows the correct location.

Is anyone else experiencing this or have any kind of fix. I'm more so just curious as to the problem at this point.

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Try using only Google location services to see if this improves the situation. Maybe being indoors keeps GPS signals from fully reaching the phone, whereas using Google location services bases location on cell tower and wi-fi information.

DCSprintUser

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with the stock weather widget. The "current location" does not update automatically and only updates if you manually add your current location (which it recognizes correctly). It seems to be an issue with the weather widget, not an issue with location services.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am using Palmary Weather. It updates based on location. It's the only weather app I've found that works. Only downside is that it doesn't have a clock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2