Why is there a toggle for driving mode but a car mode thru S voice. Seems like a little bit of redundancy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-16-2012 09:00 PM
    I don't see "car mode" in S voice. (I'm on Verizon, if that makes a difference.)
    07-16-2012 09:08 PM
    I apologize they are the same apparently my Tectile toggle said Car Mode and when activated does indeed turn driving mode on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-16-2012 09:17 PM
    There isn't any car mode that I've found on the S3. Apparently S Voice is supposed to substitute for it but it doesn't in my mind. I purchased Car Home Ultra from the Play store.
    07-16-2012 09:25 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out why I don't have a quick toggle for driving mode in my notification bar...not sure if it's an AT&T thing or not.

Kind of a pain to go through the settings menu to toggle driving mode.
    07-16-2012 10:16 PM
    I don't see a car mode but with Verizon we do have Driving mode in the notification bar.
    07-16-2012 11:10 PM
    I'm on AT&T as well and I don't have a "Driving Mode" toggle in the notification bar either, in fact I can't find driving mode in settings anywhere. I can activate "Car Mode" through Tectiles, but I can't find a way to turn it on otherwise (maybe through S voice, but I'm not a huge fan of talking to my phone).

Anyway, what exactly does car mode do (besides activate S voice)? Does it read incoming text messages by default?
    07-19-2012 01:05 PM
    +1 Forgive my newbieishness, i see it tectiles too, but just what does it do?
    07-20-2012 05:41 AM
    I'm on AT&T as well and I don't have a "Driving Mode" toggle in the notification bar either, in fact I can't find driving mode in settings anywhere. I can activate "Car Mode" through Tectiles, but I can't find a way to turn it on otherwise (maybe through S voice, but I'm not a huge fan of talking to my phone).

Anyway, what exactly does car mode do (besides activate S voice)? Does it read incoming text messages by default?
    VZW users have the "Driving Mode" toggle but they do not have the WiFi toggle in the notification bar.

You can toggle it in: Settings > Language and Input > Text-to-Speech Output > Driving Mode.

It will read who is calling and tell you that you received an email or message.
    07-20-2012 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD