07-11-2019 10:43 AM
92 1234
tools
    you have to update firmware you will solve problem ,
    nice day
    Christian Chidiac likes this.
    12-07-2012 11:18 PM
    The problem here is the memory card. Although memory cards do not have moving parts like a good old hard drive, it can still be damaged through drops.

Whenever I disconnect a usb storage or sd card from any android device without unmounting it first I get the same exact error as the OP. If you never disconnected the card physically then the problem is with your sd card or something small in the connector. If you're card is corrupt, have errors, or any problem like that then it can crash, causing you to get that error. Although a reformat can solve your problem temporarily, it will not save it forever. Once you get errors on a memory device you need convince yourself that storage device will soon corrupt (hours, days, weeks, months, years).

If it happens with all the cards you have used, different brands/size/speed, and you don't drop your phone then the problem may lie with the physical connection with the card and the phone.
    12-07-2012 11:31 PM
    Anyone tried blowing in the slot? Old-skool gaming style?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    12-08-2012 02:44 AM
    I tried blowing in it this morning. No luck. Since the first day I got my s3 it would give me this notice randomly. It would tell me the sd card had been unexpectedly removed, and then a few seconds later it would detect it again and say preparing sd card. Haven't found a fix. Taken it out and put it back in multiple ways and multiple times. No change. I would format it to see if that works but I am too lazy. Never have dropped my phone. I've noticed that if i put a little bit of pressure on the outside edge of the sd card while it is in the slot, it recognizes it, but then if I release, it says it's been removed again. It's almost like the spring is pushing it a tiny bit too far back out of the slot.
    12-13-2012 10:05 AM
    you have to update firmware you will solve problem ,
    nice day
    Two comments ...

First, and you know this will fix EVERY instance of this -- how?? I'm asking because I read on another thread that JB required a kludge to access external SD cards because it can not do that natively. So, if it can't even access the card without hacking, I fail to see how such an upgrade is going to fix this problem.

Second, for folks in the US, and on Verizon, they can NOT update their firmware (at least, to JB) because that has not yet been released.
    12-13-2012 10:37 AM
    Also, I had this problem on TWO Sg3s -- they both fried SD cards and corrupted their internal file systems.

I'm on my THIRD one now, and it's starting to display file system error messages.

So, there is a SERIOUS problem with this phone and the handling of SD cards.
    uncbutterfly likes this.
    12-13-2012 10:48 AM
    I've had this problem as well. I'm on my 2nd card and am getting the "card unexpectedly removed" errors again. I'm curious to know if anyone that has had this problem switched to a Samsung sd card?
    12-19-2012 12:56 PM
    Yep same same problem with my card to but with the added problem of the Media Scanner service switching on draining my battery every time my card becomes unrecognised/recognised.

EDIT: Hacked off with this now, have ordered a Sandisk 32gb class 4 as opposed to what I have which is 32gb class 10 UHS card, see what what happens with that.
    12-19-2012 01:12 PM
    Happens to my S3 too. Randomly when I turn on the phone it gives the error msg. Also when I xfer files from PC to phone, it disconnects randomly. Terrible.
    12-26-2012 05:30 PM
    I took the battery out then put a 64g SDXC card in. I did not format the card. It was good to go as is.
    Maybe a piece of tape on top of the card will help with the contacts.

--Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    12-26-2012 09:32 PM
    I too having this problem on my Note 2. I always take the SD Card out when the phone is out just to make sure it isn't reading or writing. So I know it hasn't been ejected while its reading or writing to the SD card. Done a quick format and full format on the pc. Firmware upto date, and also ran HD Tune Pro with checkdisk and benchmark. Ran the usual tests that I would run on any harddrive and its all fine :S its formatted at Fat32, exactly the same card works on a Galaxy S2 :S
    12-30-2012 12:57 PM
    Malqasim sir, can u please explain how to xactly update da firmware?
    01-03-2013 01:08 AM
    i update the software,that fixed the problem for about a month than it appeared again any help plz !!!
    01-11-2013 12:18 PM
    I have exactly the same problem in my SG Note 2, it constantly says SD card removed unexpectedly then after a while it goes to work again. My music files are all there so when I make a playlist, it always gets deleted and it's very annoying. please help. THANKS!
    01-22-2013 06:47 PM
    I"ve been having the same problem on and off as well. Samsung says it's not a known issue and there have been no other reports (yeah right!) and Best Buy says they have had a bunch of phones returned for the same reason.... Mine, so far, has always started working again. From all the reading I have done on the issue, it sounds like it will eventually just die and not come back.. So for now, I have the camera save to the phone so I don't lose my pics.
    01-23-2013 11:43 AM
    The Transcend 16gb SD card in my AT&T S3 finally died a couple of days ago. Today I put it in a card reader and it wasn't recognized. Lost all of my pictures. Maybe they were backed up when I updated to Jelly Bean via Kies recently. Think it's toast.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums
    01-23-2013 02:08 PM
    Just a little background info: I've had my Galaxy SIII since the US release (summer 2012) and bought the SD card within days of purchasing the phone.

Never had issues with the SD card until the new year. There's the constant "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed", Preparing the card, error with the card, then not being able to mount the card. The phone now just doesn't recognize the card at all.

Seeing that there are a good number of others who have had this issue, I'm having a hard time believing this is an isolated issue or an issue with the SD cards.
    SexiLexi08 likes this.
    01-23-2013 10:50 PM
    my sd card when inserted in android mobile it says that blank sd card is inserted or it is unsupported bt b4 it was working properly and moreover the problem is wen i connect it to my pc it says sd card needs formatting and my computer doesnt show the remove drive icon..i dont want to format my sd card it has some important data please suggest a solution...and even if i format it can i get it recovered
    01-24-2013 12:49 PM
    I am using SG Note 2 with Sandisk 32G class 10, this is a major problem. Both items are expensive and who will take responsibility? both have warranties but no one take the resposibility,
    02-15-2013 09:04 PM
    Contact SanDisk. I got a replacement 32g SDHC, but am using a 64g SDXC card in the phone now.
    02-16-2013 09:23 AM
    Exact same problem here. I didn't have this problem at the beginning. I am going to try 'turn off, take the battery out, reinserted the SD card, insert the battery and turn on' method, see if it works. By the way, SD card problem is also draining my battery, about 50% of my battery life is squeezed by what is called 'Media' which includes SD cards.. My gf's galaxy s3 is having the exact same problem. I am pretty when we connect our sd cards to laptops we don't see this problem.
    02-19-2013 12:56 PM
    I use to hate it when people told me it was my fault for not backing up. The major reason was because I knew it was true. I suggest you start doing that with this incident. Now that I have a HDD that is actually bigger than 250GB (1TB) I have been doing better at it. I knew a person in their 5th year as an architect major as a freshman. One day his laptop was stolen, and 5 years of work and $2000 worth of hardware was gone in an instant. Use whatever you can, dropbox, box, skydrive, school server, flash drives, disks, and computers.

I have never had this issue on the S3 because I don't need a microsd on my phone, but it has happened to my cheap archos tablet. I have a usb and micro sd directly plugin to the tablet, and it happens so often, but mine never get's to the corrupt point. Just the point where it says it was removed unexpectantly.
    02-19-2013 11:15 PM
    My gf's galaxy s3 is having the exact same problem. I am pretty when we connect our sd cards to laptops we don't see this problem.
    Not yet ... do yourself (and your gf) a favor and backup the contents of your SD cards to your PCs. At least that way, when you do have the problem, you won't lose irreplaceable stuff (as I did).
    02-20-2013 08:47 AM
    This happened to my wife's S3 last week. I chocked it up to a bad SD and moved on with restoring the data. Then, this morning it happened to mine. Different SD cards, different brands. This seems like too much of a coincidence. I've never had this happen on another phone and twice in 2 weeks on different phones? Maybe there's a bigger issue.
    03-09-2013 08:41 AM
    had same issue last week with my 32gb sandisk micro sd card...it would also get hot and waste my battery. I live chatted with sandisk help and they said it was a faulty sd card and they would replace it...free shipping to them and back...I took all my pics and put them on another card.
    03-12-2013 05:36 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD