"Close" the Keyboard

Sweeet1102

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know if we can "close" the keyboard without hit the "Enter" button ?

On my old HTC Desire, i have a button to close the keyboard, but not on my SGIII... :(

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I may be misunderstanding the question, but when I have the keyboard pop-up the way I get rid of it is simply hitting the back button once. Sorry if this isn't what you are referring to.

Rev.

Sweeet1102

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i have a picture to illustrate my problem.

I want to do a search in this app, but i can't close the keyboard to see the result.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Like NIKSTORM said, swipe down on the keyboard and it will disappear. It worked like this on my BlackBerry too.

EDIT: Not sure if the stock keyboard works like this but Swiftkey does.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Like NIKSTORM said, swipe down on the keyboard and it will disappear. It worked like this on my BlackBerry too.

EDIT: Not sure if the stock keyboard works like this but Swiftkey does.

Stock keyboard does work like that but I'm 4 for 10 on attempts.. Kinda sucky

zack7687

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Like others have said tap the back button, swipe down (stock response to this isn't great, but swift key is awesome), or just do yourself a favor and dump the stock keyboard for Swift Key. You can try it free for 30 days, but I guarantee you will not switch back. One of the best apps I have ever bought for any phone.

Sweeet1102

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The Switfkey work great, but he doesn't have the Swipe option... I like to use it some time!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
That is the one things miss from my old HTC rezound, I loved the close button on the keyboard. Actually the keyboard in general rocked!

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I'm typing in a text field and I'm finished and want to view the entire screen, I tap the back button and the keyboard closes every time without backing out of the application. It's genius. A swipe down in Swiftkey delivers the same outcome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums