I recently got too excited about Sprint 4G LTE and signed 2 years with sprint, It's been about 28 days (too late to return), and I found that Sacramento, CA doesn't get LTE until 2013, and 3G speeds are 20-60kbps in my area. I'm ready to jump ship, but having hard time to decide between Tmobile S3 and Verizon S3. Is there a benefit for getting TMO S3 being HSPA+ in terms of battery life? Verizon is known for good coverage but tmobile gets 12-18mb down and 5-10mb up in my area where as verizon gets 6-9down and 2-5 up.
    Your opinion is appreciated
    07-18-2012 02:27 AM
    It looks like T-Mobile may be the better solution for you although to be honest unless your tethering or downloading you wont really notice the difference between those speeds if your just surfing the web or watching YouTube videos.

I'm pretty happy with sprint but I would be pissed if I was in your situation so I understand how it coule be frustrating.

If your a rooter I would say go with T-Mobile just because of Verizon locking they're bootloader and T-Mobile pricing is much cheaper.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    FaisDogg likes this.
    07-18-2012 04:05 AM
    I don't think you can go wrong with Verizon. Just compare their 3G and 4G coverage areas to their competitors.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-18-2012 05:01 AM
    I think it all depends on how much you travel outside your area where Tmob has good coverage. For those who travel for work, Verizon is by far and away the best solution.
    07-18-2012 07:11 AM
    I love Verizon not only for their 4G service but also their customer service

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3
    07-18-2012 09:32 AM
    I wanna stay with Verizon but i hate the fact i have to pay full price in order to keep my unlimited data

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-2012 09:42 AM
    Verizon's LTE is wicked fast but a battery hog.

T-Mobile's 4G "faux-G" HPDA+ is pretty good for most uses and much kinder to the battery.

There's no denying that VZW's coverage is better, so it depends on where you live, work and travel.

FYI, the Verizon GS3 can do simultaneous voice and data over 3G. Most CDMA phones cannot (I believe the HTC Thunderbolt also can. Not sure what else in VZW's lineup can).
    07-18-2012 09:44 AM
    Yes that right every phone carrier has its down fall in certain areas so it all depends on were you live and work.

07-18-2012 10:12 AM
    I left sprint too after being with them for 7 years. I ended up going to AT&T with the gs3 and holy wow... great service and super speeds.

I got them to break my contract and refund me my 10 a month premium data fee. I never received 4g or Lte which is what premium data is. I barely got 3g service.

Go with T-Mobile if the coverage is good.
    07-18-2012 11:09 AM
    Go with t mobile, and then post that 18 mbps speedtest. I don't think I've seen a T-Mobile speed test that fast yet and it'd be nice for the record.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-2012 11:14 AM
    Seems like reviews are mixed here. Lol. I just went from at&t to Verizon and I'm happy with the service and speeds of the network. I've had to contact customer service once or twice and their service was exceptional. I wasn't too impressed with at&T's lte speeds once I tried Verizons. I'm a little annoyed with the locked bootloader but I had rooted and installed beans custom rom and am overall very happy with the phones performance.

Sent from sexy a** Galaxy S III
    07-18-2012 01:02 PM
    I wanna stay with Verizon but i hate the fact i have to pay full price in order to keep my unlimited data

Do u not have home Internet? If you don't I can understand but if u do have home Internet you should call and have them see how much data you are using on an average. I was dreading losing the unlimited but after I pulled it I'm only using 1.5gbs on avg and I'm always on my phone

07-18-2012 03:18 PM
    Verizon's LTE is wicked fast but a battery hog.

T-Mobile's 4G "faux-G" HPDA+ is pretty good for most uses and much kinder to the battery.

There's no denying that VZW's coverage is better, so it depends on where you live, work and travel.

FYI, the Verizon GS3 can do simultaneous voice and data over 3G. Most CDMA phones cannot (I believe the HTC Thunderbolt also can. Not sure what else in VZW's lineup can).
    The Rezound can also.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-2012 03:22 PM
    Do u not have home Internet? If you don't I can understand but if u do have home Internet you should call and have them see how much data you are using on an average. I was dreading losing the unlimited but after I pulled it I'm only using 1.5gbs on avg and I'm always on my phone

No i don't have internet at home so im using alot of data if i did have Internet at home like i used to i wldnt use so much data

07-18-2012 03:51 PM
    No i don't have internet at home so im using alot of data if i did have Internet at home like i used to i wldnt use so much data

If coverage is the same id go T-Mobile much faster 3g speeds and a lot cheaper plans.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    FaisDogg likes this.
    07-18-2012 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD