Hi all, I'm loving my new SIII. Quick question, last night I opened the Gallery app and noticed it started downloading the pictures (or thumbnails) from my pictures folder on my computer. I could not find anyway to stop it or any setting to prevent it from happening. I quickly turned off wi-fi and closed Gallery. I don't want my entire picture collection on my phone, does anyone know if there is a setting to prevent this from happening again? Thanks.
    07-18-2012 01:49 PM
    Sync'd from Google?
    07-18-2012 02:52 PM
    It's only displaying thumbnails over DLNA. You can select menu - view by - content on device and you'll see only what's in your phone but it isn't sticky.

You can also download an alternate gallery app such as QuickPic (which is what I'm using). QuickPic also handles setting wallpaper better than the native app.
    07-18-2012 03:10 PM
    No, I don't have photos sync'd for Google or anything else. It just went into my computer, through my home wi-fi network I'm guessing, and started downloading my pictures. When I closed Gallery and wi-fi and went back to Gallery the thumbnails were gone. It was very weird.
    07-18-2012 03:13 PM
    There's an option to "Only show images on device"... that will stop it from showing pictures from your social network accounts.
    07-18-2012 03:46 PM
    Excellent, thank you for the help. I will dive back into the menu again for that.
    07-18-2012 04:49 PM
    I wa wondering about that too.

Solved!

Thanks,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    07-18-2012 10:41 PM
    While the answer here gives a temporary solution. I would like to see a permanent solution to the OP's question.
    07-19-2012 12:55 AM
    While the answer here gives a temporary solution. I would like to see a permanent solution to the OP's question.
    I agree. It should really have a preference setting.

The only permanent solution is a 3rd party gallery.
    07-19-2012 08:29 AM
    just stumbled across an app called Gallery Excluder + the description looks promising. saw it and instantly thought of this thread lol
    07-20-2012 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD