My wife's GS3 screen is blinking on and then right back off. I don't know if her phone is the issue or if it is some app. I don't have the same problem with my GS3. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.
    07-18-2012 08:45 PM
    it's because she getting a text message. You can turn notifications off under messaging settings at the bottom

from MY SIII in sunny FL.
    07-19-2012 07:00 AM
    it's because she getting a text message. You can turn notifications off under messaging settings at the bottom

?? the screen blinking ??
    07-19-2012 07:06 AM
    did she get a notification for something?

07-19-2012 07:19 AM
    that would make the LED flash, not the screen unless im missing something hows the sunshine in Florida? Scotland hasnt had summer yet lol its pouring with rain
    07-19-2012 08:18 AM
    Not really. It would light up the screen as well... the notifications are in the messaging app, did you check the settings?

07-19-2012 08:25 AM
    true m8 if the phones sleeping. most people would know thats normal though. weather in FL not worth writing about lol?
    07-19-2012 08:29 AM
    oh the weather's great here in sunny FL.THX.did that resolve UR issue then?

07-19-2012 08:34 AM
    which issue? doesnt resolve the scottish weather + makes me jealous
    b0btech likes this.
    07-19-2012 08:36 AM
    No new text or e-mail have come in when it is doing this. There isn't any notification on the LED that anything has occured. The screen just starts blinking off and on. It is very random. She has quite a few more apps on her phone than I have on mine. I guess I can start loading them one by one to see if I can replicate the problem on my phone. Or do I just take it back to AT&T.
    07-19-2012 12:59 PM
    id back the phone up to a pc using samsung kies then factory reset the phone + see if it still happens. if it does then take the phone back to at+t
    Almeuit and b0btech like this.
    07-19-2012 01:02 PM
    No new text or e-mail have come in when it is doing this. There isn't any notification on the LED that anything has occured. The screen just starts blinking off and on. It is very random. She has quite a few more apps on her phone than I have on mine. I guess I can start loading them one by one to see if I can replicate the problem on my phone. Or do I just take it back to AT&T.
    Yeah I'd just grab a new one if it's within that period. If the new one does it after she loads everything than its definitely a app

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 01:43 PM
    id back the phone up to a pc using samsung kies then factory reset the phone + see if it still happens. if it does then take the phone back to at+t
    I missed this.... Do this first then take it back if so :P

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 01:44 PM
    I've never used the Kies app before. I was thinking that I would probably try to take it back tonight or at least this weekend.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.
    07-19-2012 06:14 PM
    Yes just back up the phone or not. And then factory will wipe it before you take it back

07-19-2012 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD