Iphone 4s to G3...only grip

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I went from a 4s to a Gs3 on AT&T and the galaxy is far and away superior when it comes to signal and call quality. My 4s struggled everywhere and was worse signal wise the my wife's old 3GS. Had my galaxy almost a month and not a single dropped call, single bit of static or interference.

Pdelponte

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am an AT&T customer so it might be different for me

BUT....

I just switched from an iPhone4 to a GS3 and I have found that me reception is generaly IMPROVED!

I love my GS3 dont listen to the haters!

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Didnt work with the replacement phone, still horrible reception at home so the radio was not defective. I do have good reception now with the Maxx. Thanks for all of yalls help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

soothslyr

May 26, 2012
Visit site
not having much trouble with my radios. am coming from an iphone4 too, and am having the same 4/5 bars that i did there as well. only now, i have LTE data speeds of 20+mb/s download to go with it.

no dropped calls yet, or troubles getting calls to connect. maybe it has to do with your area? btw, i am on AT&T, so maybe that is a factor

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Didnt work with the replacement phone, still horrible reception at home so the radio was not defective. I do have good reception now with the Maxx. Thanks for all of yalls help!

Grab the new radio that comes with the OTA over at XDA and flash that via Odin. It improved my signal.

TAPPED in on my locked bootloader Verizon S3

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
For you guys on Verizon how are your signal bars? I rarely get five bars unless I'm at home.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My signal isn't all bad, but it isn't as good as other phones in the house.

Putting the SG3 next to the Rezound and Dinc.

Inside the house:
-85 4asu

Outside in the same spot:
-82 4asu

Never really monitored my iPhone 4, but the bars were always full, and I've never dropped a call for the year I've had it.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I must be one of the fortunate ones i drive 56 miles one way to work each day and i have had no signal issues or dropped calls with my s3.I am on Verizon and i drive through a tunnel everyday and not so much as a blip in signal. Other providers still drop in the tunnel accept at&t. I laugh when my friend tells his wife "let me call you right back we are going through the tunnel". He is always going on about how i overpay for verizon (yes they are the devil but they just work and i am willing to pay for the piece of mind) so i don't miss these little gems to give him sh*t.

I had no issues with my old iphone or razr maxx either both always worked when i needed them. I have not had a signal issues since my samsung fascinate. That was a truly horrible piece of junk. That miserable device single handedly kept me from even considering a samsung device for years. In fact the only reason I have the S3 today is that I received it as a gift. I am very happy that I did because I am very pleased with it. I feel it is the best smart phone at the moment. It is certainly the best smartphone i have ever owned.

Hopefully a software update or network expansion will fix problems some folks are having.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

markstanco#CB

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So it's like MyFaves on WinMo, then. It only appears if you're signed up for the plan?

Awesome you are seeing this. Iphone at my house worked fine. 2 s3s sucked. Droid maxx works great.

Weird or youre a fanboy i guess which if a fanboy i understand....no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair