Hey everyone, new Samsung GS III owner here. What a great phone! I've been reading every review and scrap of info I can find, and there is an item I've come across as a new feature - Tec Tiles, part of NFC. However, I cannot find out how to create them or use them. Anyone have an idea or a link for help?
    Thanks so much,
    Ed Payne
    07-18-2012 10:27 PM
    Samsung sells them, but they're hard to find in retail stores. Amazon has them, but they take a few weeks to ship.

Once you get the tiles, download the Samsung app which allows you to program them to do different things. It's called Samsung TecTile.

You can stick one in your car, for example, to automatically turn on Bluetooth and Pandora and turn off Wi-Fi when you touch your phone to it.

You can affix another tile to the door of your home to turn on Wi-Fi, turn off Bluetooth, etc. You get the idea.

I think three tiles sell for about $14, but any brand NFC tag will work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-18-2012 11:12 PM
    I haven't tried the Samsung app, but from the research I've done this NFC Task Launcher: http://market.android.com/details?id...actionlauncher is a much more capable app. In addition, you can buy a variety of NFC tags from them - I bought a sample pack that came with several different types of tags (a total of 15 tags if I remember right) and it was only about $17 including shipping (USPS, I think they arrived in about 5 days). I shared them at work with 3 other guys that all got S IIIs and we're experimenting with them.
    07-19-2012 12:35 AM
    Anyone else having and issue of as soon as you hover your phone over a tectile you get a "About to connect to browser. Continue?" message. It's really limiting my ability to actually use these things if I have to click OK every time.

Thanks for the help in advance!

(VZW SGSIII)
    07-19-2012 07:51 AM
    Anyone else having and issue of as soon as you hover your phone over a tectile you get a "About to connect to browser. Continue?" message. It's really limiting my ability to actually use these things if I have to click OK every time.

Thanks for the help in advance!

(VZW SGSIII)
    theres maybe a setting for that.. do u get that message whenever an app or whatever wants to open a browser too?
    07-19-2012 08:15 AM
    Figured it out. The browser is still trying to open to direct me to the Play store to download the Tectile app. Even though I have it installed and have settings associated with the tectile sticker.

I have downloaded NFC Task Launcher and erased the tag. This has fixed it.

I also have uninstalled Samsung Tectile App and solely use NFC Task Launcher. I am very happy with it.

Thanks for the speedy response funkylogik! I hope this explanation helps people in the future. Lovin these tiles!
    07-19-2012 08:20 AM
    i fancy getting the tiles. dont know what id use them for yet but im sure some clever developers imagination will run wild + invent uses we havent thought of
    BostonBeats88 likes this.
    07-19-2012 08:24 AM
    i fancy getting the tiles. dont know what id use them for yet but im sure some clever developers imagination will run wild + invent uses we havent thought of

I have one that I use at my office and one in my car. Other than that I am saving the other three for some shenanigans. Let me know what you think of.
    07-19-2012 08:40 AM
    lol shenanigans sounds good
    07-19-2012 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD