Touch wiz keeps stopping

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Is it just my phone????? My husband's doesn't do it....

Touch wiz has been stopping way too frequently this week.... and it freezes up bad.

Any suggestions on what to do, or why it does that so often.......

Should I contact Att??? It's getting unbearable and really don't want to use a launcher

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I could be doing anything and all of sudden it freezes, and the error says touchwiz stopped working, screen goes black.Then I have to take the battery out

AT&T told me to go swap it out for a new phone. I guess I'll go do that tomorrow...

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

lions80

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It's most likely because of a recent installed app. When I updated color is had the same problem. I just downgraded the app and disabled it and my phone works great again.

Reactions: LadiJae

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't installed any new apps, I had some updated, Twitter is the only one I can remember....

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I went ahead and uninstalled the most recent apps. That I don't use.

It was happening like every 30-45 minutes. If it continues the rest of today and tomorrow. I will be taking it back.

My battery also gets real hot and the percentage drops like 40% for no reason at all.... this had been happening every 2 days it seems

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Try these in the following order:

1. Power phone down, pull battery.
2. Remove any new apps installed (since you have already eliminated this, skip)
3. If you have an SD card, remove it and try phone without it. (sometimes a corrupt file on sd card can cause issues)
4. Clear the data for TouchWiz Home: Menu>System Settings>Application Manager>TW>Clear data.
5. Clear the Cache: Power phone off>Hold volume up + Home + Power> Wipe Cache Partition>Reboot.
6. As a last resort, you can do a factory reset (or your carrier probably will do this when you take it in) ***Make sure to backup, you will lose data.

Last edited:

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It does not allow me to clear the data for tw

Strange.................Are you sure you are looking at "Clear Data" and not "Clear Cache". On mine I am able to do this (I am with Verizon).

*****If you cannot, then click on "Force Stop", then power down and reboot.

Last edited:

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I was able to do it... it wasn't there in the beginning... collecting data or something....

But I did it, I didn't realize that would erase my screens.... but I've put them back together.

Will see how this goes the rest of today and tomorrow, thanks

~Jae, GS3 on Tapatalk~

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I would factory reset it and start over again! Best way to deal with your situation! AND if it still happens after the reset.....THEN you DEF have a defective phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084