I've got a bunch of photos in my 'Camera Uploads' folder on drop box. How do I move them to the public folder? I only get the option to export to a number of programs but no option to move them to the public folder. Is it possible?
    07-19-2012 01:20 PM
    Unfortunately Dropbox sucks as an app. Its great for uploading and storing but it hasn't developed into a very user friendly app as far as things like that go. Its easier to do all that kinda stuff from your computer using the desktop program.
    danfinger likes this.
    07-20-2012 10:21 AM
    Download a file manager that supports dropbox. Try "solid explorer"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    danfinger likes this.
    07-20-2012 10:52 AM
    Download a file manager that supports dropbox. Try "solid explorer"

File Expert is really nice too, and plays nice with DB, to piggyback off of 20blks' suggestion.
    danfinger and 20blks like this.
    07-20-2012 11:59 AM
    The driver is my wife- She went to the Giant's ball game with her brother recently and took some shots using her SGS3.

"How do I send my brother the photos?"

Oh it's easy, they're automatically loaded up to dropbox so just send him a link in an email.

"But I don't want him to have to wade through all the other shots, just the ones at the ballpark"

Hmm... I guess you could copy the link for each photo and send those to him in an email.

"There's 20 photos. You mean I have to C & P each link for each photo?"

Yea I guess so.

"LAME!"
    07-20-2012 12:25 PM
    Actually, 20 photos on the GS3 would be a huge email. The best way to do it is to make a public folder I am dropbox, put those pictures in the folder and share it with him. It's easy as pie

danfinger likes this.
    07-20-2012 12:36 PM
    Why in the world would you not be using Google Drive? You can share any pics from any folder to anyone you want. I think sugarsync is doing this now as well.
    danfinger likes this.
    07-20-2012 01:14 PM
    Actually, 20 photos on the GS3 would be a huge email. The best way to do it is to make a public folder I am dropbox, put those pictures in the folder and share it with him. It's easy as pie

I haven't been using DB much so I may have missed it but I haven't seen anything in dropbox which allows me to move photos from the 'Camera Uploads' to 'Public'. I'm looking at the phone right now, the menu is share, favorite, delete, rename and export. There's no 'Move' or 'Copy'.

I guess I'll have to look into the third party apps, but that was another layer of complexity I was hoping the wife wouldn't need to deal with.
    07-20-2012 01:14 PM
    Why in the world would you not be using Google Drive? You can share any pics from any folder to anyone you want. I think sugarsync is doing this now as well.
    I guess because we just got these phones and are still trying to figure out the best way to go. Dropbox seemed like a popular solution.
    07-20-2012 01:16 PM
    Can u store apps in dropbox fork gs3

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    07-22-2012 08:39 PM
    Current version of Dropbox on Android has "Move", so:

To move between Dropbox Folders on Android:
    Open Dropbox
    tap source folder (e.g. "Camera uploads"
    LONG tap desired file
    Tap "Move"
    Tap "Up to Dropbox"
    Tap destination folder (e.g. "Public")
    Tap "Move" (screen returns to source folder) so scroll to top, select "Up to Dropbox", destination folder (e.g. "Public") and you'll see the file there.
    09-24-2013 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD