HTC confirms Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is coming to the One X and One S

HTC confirms Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is coming to the One X and One S | The Verge

Ok Samsung its your turn to confirm
    07-20-2012 02:29 PM
    Was there any doubt they would get it sooner or later?

Is there any doubt the S3 will get it?

Isn't it just about when at this point?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    hp10BII likes this.
    07-20-2012 02:35 PM
    I sure as hell hope so.... I had JB on my galaxy nexus and it was bad ***.. I can just imagine how the S3 will be after JB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    07-20-2012 07:40 PM
    There is no need to wait for confirmation, because we all know that this phone is getting JellyBean. But there are a lot of people looking for Samsung to assuage them into an early confirmation. Isn't going to happen until at least December, IMHO.
    07-20-2012 10:23 PM
    i thought s3 was gettin it in Q4?
    07-20-2012 10:33 PM
    if its not released by december il root + get cyanogen. not keen on touchwiz anyway
    07-20-2012 10:34 PM
    They can just release EVERYTHING at once surely!
    They will wait for Apple to release iOS6 then make some final adjustments.
    So end of the year will be strategically sound.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    07-20-2012 11:02 PM
    There is no need to wait for confirmation, because we all know that this phone is getting JellyBean. But there are a lot of people looking for Samsung to assuage them into an early confirmation. Isn't going to happen until at least December, IMHO.
    Yeah but when? Samsung has a terrible upgrade record.
    07-20-2012 11:58 PM
    They can just release EVERYTHING at once surely!
    They will wait for Apple to release iOS6 then make some final adjustments.
    So end of the year will be strategically sound.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    the code is out but samsung have to ruin it with touchwiz + test it before release
    07-21-2012 12:15 AM
    We already got it if you're rooted
    07-21-2012 12:19 AM
    lol im scared to root the s3 right now id love pure android jellybean though
    jimbo1mcm, LoveMyPhone and XChrisX like this.
    07-21-2012 12:22 AM
    Ok, what differences will there be between ICS and JB?
    07-22-2012 10:00 PM
    too many to write here man but the 1st thing youll notice is speed + smoothness. jb aparently makes the galaxy nexus as smooth as the s3 so itl be great to see how the s3 feels when it gets it
    07-22-2012 10:23 PM
    Samsung's history of updates in the past is one of the worst.. Thats why people are talking about this. Hopefully they and HTC have learned something. But there are still way too many Android phones that will never be updated past what they came with.

Was there any doubt they would get it sooner or later?

Is there any doubt the S3 will get it?

Isn't it just about when at this point?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    07-23-2012 08:10 PM
    Doesn't HTC always come out and say they are going to update their phones and then they are always amongst the last to actually do it? That's been my experience with them. Wouldn't put too much weight.

Personally, though, I could POSSIBLY see HTC or Samsung trying to rush and get JB on their phones by early fall for separate reasons:

HTC because their sales for the One series have not hit target by any means so they would want a leg up on competition by at least being amongst the first to have JB. And, JB would possibly see the biggest performance boost on their phones because it might make up for Sense's overall lagginess.

Samsung because they will want to make the next iPhone seem less impressive. Having JB ready to launch same time as iPhone on the S3 would be a smart move. Would essentially take the best Android device so far this year and make it even better. Even better if they scrap S-Voice altogether and use Google Now, but I don't see that happen. I really think Samsung will try to stick with S-Voice.
    07-24-2012 01:22 AM
    How about the EVO LTE's? When will they get the JB? Why would HTC leave them out?
    07-27-2012 09:27 AM
    The last thing I thought about when getting this phone was updates. I have just followed in line knowing that it's going to be a while, IF it's even done.
    07-27-2012 10:02 PM
    It would be quite horrible if the HOX, and S3 never received Jelly Bean. They're the newest Android devices on the market, and at this point it seems only obvious that they would be upgraded.

Even better if they scrap S-Voice altogether and use Google Now, but I don't see that happen. I really think Samsung will try to stick with S-Voice.
    I'll be truly upset if the Jelly Bean update doesn't bring Google Now to the S3, as S-Voice is truly an embarrassment.
    07-28-2012 06:59 AM
    theres no doubt that theyl get JB man i can see samsung maybe including s-voice and google now. Now is much more than just a voice search app
    07-28-2012 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD