Micro scratches

boogalu

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I have had my galaxy s3 since july 5th from verizon and I since then i have babied the phone, never dropping it and i have a slim case on it. the rock quicksand slim case. I had read that I really dont need a screen protector as the GG2 is good for small micro scratches and watnot. but keeping it in my pocket for travel for 2 weeks seems to give it micro scratches in certain angles of the light. It isnt noticeable with the screen on, but it kind of irks me with the screen off. is there some kind of material that i can use on the phone screen to take off the micro scratches so i can purchase a screen protector?

Thanks
justin

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Try putting a anti glare screen guard... Might make the scratches not noticeable

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
the anti glare protectors are matte-ish in finish if I'm not mistaken. I had one of those and I couldn't see under the sun... I have a clear one now, its better in my opinion.

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
General rule of thumb, NOTHING is scratch-proof. And if anyone says otherwise just send their phone to me and let my 3yr old have it for 1min. I always use a sp, zagg makes good ones IMO.

Tapatalk'd from my Galaxy S3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice the chrome ear piece thing get tiny scatches in it even with a case and screen protect just comin in and outta your pocket?

mine is fine so far. this has got me thinking... is the camera lens covered with gg2? can we expect that to start scratching up?

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me what this is? Is this defined as a micro scratch? - See image below

For me, there are a couple of streaks on my phone.
They only show under 2 conditions
1- Screen must be damp after being wetted (as attached picture)
2- Screen must be greasy/dirty

If the screen is clean, the streaks cannot be seen in any light. Screen on or off the screen looks perfect.
Only during the above 2 conditions can you see it.

Can anyone make this out?

2gsgwly.jpg

Last edited:

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The spigen nano clear is excellent... I hate protectors too but I've been fine with this one... It's hardly noticeable

Sent from my GS3....

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me what this is? Is this defined as a micro scratch? - See image below

For me, there are a couple of streaks on my phone.
They only show under 2 conditions
1- Screen must be damp after being wetted (as attached picture)
2- Screen must be greasy/dirty

If the screen is clean, the streaks cannot be seen in any light. Screen on or off the screen looks perfect.
Only during the above 2 conditions can you see it.

Can anyone make this out?

Click to view quoted image

I've seen your issue on some of my old blackberries. When screen is wiped down and lightly damp or greasy, you can see blemishes in the screen that you wouldn't see otherwise. I'm pretty sure those were screen defects on the BB's but I don't know about android. Haven't had the problem on any of mine yet.

Reactions: will1881

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my phone. I don't know if I should buff it out myself, or exchange it with a $35 restocking fee.....

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
that's very strange, i thought it's something i may have done. But if it's coming out like that when brand new like you're saying, then go ahead and exchange it.

sammiagalac

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Well I think its my fault because I examined the phone when I first got it and I saw nothing....ugh

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
haha, it's never your fault...they're sneaky enough to have these things hidden.
I also have a 2nd problem which i didn't realise until late, when in-game with a screen and it's a black background i can see another shade of black. Kind of a like a streak right in the middle of the phone. Also deemed to be another common problem.
These are all hidden issue that you discover later on in time.
Sneaky Samsung

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I made the mistake of trusting that gorilla glass would be scratch proof. Unfortunately I now have quite a few of this micro scratches and they show easily under bright light. Lesson learned bought a flip case to cover the front. Its annoying because I never got any with my desire and that had no SP and I treated it a lot worse!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO